This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
(part of CA Technologies)
|Industry||IT Management software|
|Headquarters||Long Island, New York, United States|
Nimsoft was an independent company software vendor that offered information technology (IT) monitoring and service desk products and services. It was acquired by CA Inc. in 2010, and since October 2012 its products were integrated into that business. The Nimsoft brand is still used by CA.
Nimsoft products monitor and manage business services and specific systems within the IT infrastructure, including network components, servers, databases, applications, and virtualized environments.
With Nimsoft products, customers can monitor systems hosted in internal data centers, as well as in externally hosted environments, including software as a service (SaaS) and cloud computing environments.
Nimbus Software was founded in Oslo, Norway, in 1998 (not to be confused with Nimbus Data). Converse Software, the exclusive US distributor of Nimbus Software, was founded in Silicon Valley in 2002. Nimbus Software and Converse Software merged in 2004 to form Nimsoft. Gary Read, the founder of the US distributor, was appointed CEO and the new company’s headquarters were established in Silicon Valley. In 2007 a 10.3 million Series A round of funding from JMI Equity and Northzone Ventures closed. Nimsoft acquired Indicative Software in April 2008 to offer business service management and established a new research and development base in Fort Collins, Colorado. Nimsoft received the San Francisco Business Times 2008 "Best Place to Work Award". Nimsoft closed a $12 million funding round led by Goldman Sachs in October 2008.
In May 2009 Nimsoft acquired the intellectual property assets of Cittio. Its product capabilities included network discovery, topology mapping, and root cause analysis (RCA) utilizing graph theory. That October Nimsoft announced its unified monitoring architecture to monitor externally hosted systems and services, including SaaS and cloud computing based IT infrastructures.
In March 2010 CA Inc. announced it would acquire Nimsoft for $350 million. Nimsoft was one of the "Hottest Silicon Valley Companies" by Lead411. In September 2010, Nimsoft extended its software to support Vblock products from the VCE Company.
In April 2011, Nimsoft announced its Unified Manager, software combining IT monitoring and service management. Enhanced management support for NetApp storage was announced in June. CA acquired Netherlands-based WatchMouse in July, and its software was integrated into Nimsoft.
Nimsoft ceased to exist as an independent operating unit within CA in 2012, although the same products are still offered[when?] under that brand name.
- Denise Dubie , Network World. “Managing IT assets where they live: Nimsoft extends monitoring capabilities beyond data center to cloud computing environments, SaaS provided apps.” October 21, 2009.
- Tony C. Yang, San Francisco Business Times. "Keeping an eye on IT." May 30, 2008.
- Denise Dubie, Network World. "Goldman Sachs leads $12 million investment in Nimsoft." October 7, 2008.
- Denise Dubie, Network World. "Nimsoft, Indicative join forces to take on the Big Four". April 9, 2008.
- "Nimsoft Wins "Best Place to Work Award", Sponsored by San Francisco Business Times". Press release. Nimsoft. May 1, 2008. Archived from the original on May 17, 2008. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- Ellen Messmer, Network World. "Nimsoft acquires the assets of Cittio". May 19, 2009.
- Denise Dubie, Network World. “Managing IT assets where they live: Nimsoft extends monitoring capabilities beyond data center to cloud computing environments, SaaS provided apps.” October 21, 2009.
- Charles Babcock, InformationWeek, "CA to buy Nimsoft for USD 350 million", March 11, 2010. Archived June 25, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Lead411 - Leader in Sales and Marketing Intelligence". lead411.com. Archived from the original on July 22, 2010. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- Beth Schultz, Network World, "Nimsoft delivers integrated monitoring for Vblock units", September 28, 2010.
- "Nimsoft Broadens Offerings With Unified Manager - Data Center Knowledge". datacenterknowledge.com. 6 April 2011. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- "Nimsoft enhances management support for NetApp storage". Press release. Computer Technology Review. June 17, 2011. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- Charles Babcock (July 29, 2011). "CA Buys Watchmouse, For Remote App Testing Power". Information Week. Retrieved August 13, 2013.