Nina Munteanu (born 1954 in Granby, Quebec) is a Canadian ecologist and novelist of science fiction and fantasy. In addition to eight published novels, Munteanu has written short stories, articles and non-fiction books, which have been translated into several languages throughout the world. Recognition for her work includes the Midwest Book Review Reader’s Choice Award, finalist for Foreword Magazine’s Book of the Year Award, the SLF Fountain Award, and The Delta Optimist Reviewers Choice. Nina Munteanu is a member of SF Canada. She writes articles on the environment and sustainability.
Many of her novels and short stories examine the role and evolution of humanity in the context of nature and technology. She is currently an editor of European SF zine Europa SF. Munteanu taught Environmental Education at the Summer Institute of Simon Fraser University for several years. Munteanu was a scientist with several consulting firms in Vancouver, BC, where she did research and wrote reports and research papers. Munteanu lives in Toronto,Ontario, and Vancouver, British Columbia,where she teaches writing and consults as technical writer and editor.
- Collision with Paradise (Liquid Silver, 2005)
- The Cypol (eXtasy Books, 2006)
- Darwin’s Paradox (Dragon Moon Press, 2007)
- The Fiction Writer: Get Published, Write Now! (Starfire World Syndicate, 2009)
- Manual de Scriere Creativa. Scriitorul de fictiune (Editura Paralela, 2011)
- Angel of Chaos (Dragon Moon Press, 2010)
- Outer Diverse, Book 1 of The Splintered Universe Trilogy (Starfire World Syndicate, 2011)
- Inner Diverse, Book 2 (Starfire World Syndicate, 2012)
- Metaverse, Book 3 (Starfire World Syndicate, in press)
- The Last Summoner (Starfire World Syndicate, 2012)
- The Journal Writer: Finding Your Voice (Pixl Press, 2013)
- Scriitorul de Jurnal. Descoperirea vocii interioare (Editura Paralela 45, 2012)
- Natural Selection: a collection of short stories (Pixl Press, 2013)
- Sawyer, Ariadne. "World Poetry Reading Series". World Poetry. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- Kelly, Deirdre (25 February 2013). "Authors push science beyond the lab into fiction and fantasy". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- Craznic, Oliviu. "Nina Munteanu in Romania". Gazeta SF. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- "Canada Writes". CBC Books. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- SF Canada
- “Sustainable Architecture: Learning from Nature & the Magic of Symbiosis” in Viridis Developments web article
- Newman-Stille, Derek. "Alien Ecologies". Speculating Canada. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- Newman-Stille, Derek. "Science and Speculative Fiction". Speculating Canada. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- Newman-Stille, Derek. "Interview with Nina Munteanu". Speculating Canada. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- Munteanu, Nina. "Europa SF". Europa SF Portal. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- Simon Fraser University Education 452-8, 1992. SFU, Burnaby, BC.
- Stackpole, Michael. "Dragon Page Cover to Cover". The Dragon Page. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- School of Continuing Studies: Nina Munteanu at the University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Official Site of Nina Munteanu
- MUNTEANU, Nina. Author Bank. BC BookWorld.
- Nina Munteanu at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Fogel, Krista “The Self-Perceived Experience of Investigating Science with an Artistic Spirit: A Hermeneutic Phenomenological Study of High Ability Scientists Who Also Engage in the Arts” A Thesis submitted in partial fulfillment for the requirements for the Degree of Master of Arts, UBC, Vancouver, BC. 2008
- Interview with Nina Munteanu observatorul.com