|Ninad Gangadhar Bedekar|
|Born||August 17, 1949|
|Died||May 10, 2015(aged 65)|
|Occupation||Historian, Writer and Orator, Retired factory executive|
|Education||Diploma of Mechanical Engineering|
Ninad Gangadhar Bedekar (17 August 1949 - 10 May 2015) was a historian, writer and orator from Pune, Maharashtra, India, writing and speaking in Marathi. He was specialized in research of the rule of warrior king Shivaji was known for his scientific and scholarly approach to the subject of Maratha history.
Bedekar was an engineer by profession and was serving in Cummins India Limited for 15 years.
Bedekar was known for his research on the forts of Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and about 75 forts outside India, having led numerous treks to them. He was a life member Shri Shivaji Raigad Smarak Mandal - Pune, Shri Shivaji Raigad Smarak Mandal – (Chairman) Maharastra Kalopasak, Pune – (Chairman).
He was acquainted with Persian and Arabic, as well as the Modi script. He was a life member of Bharat Itihas Sanshodhak Mandal, Pune and an honorary member of Fort Renovation and Beautification Committee for the Government of Maharashtra. He held a diploma in mechanical engineering, and has worked for Kirloskar Cummins Ltd (now Cummins India Limited).
He had given many lectures widely all over Maharashtra on Maratha history. He scripted the Son et lumière show at Shanivarwada, and wrote the script for Marathi TV serial Peshwai. Bedekar transliterated some rare documents written in Modi script about the Maratha empire that were found in the UK.  He had written many books that includes Durgkatha, Shartiche Shiledar and Maharastratil Durg among others. He was an expert on forts in India and abroad.
In 2003, Bedekar succeeded, along with the Maratha-Hindu-nationalist organization, Shiv Sena, in having James Laine's academic monograph, Shivaji: Hindu king in Islamic India (Oxford University Press) banned in their state.
- Shartiche Shiledar ( 5 Parts )
- Hasra Itihas
- Itihas Durgancha
- Maharastratil Durg
- Saksh Itihasachi
- Thorla Raja Sangun Gela
- Eka Navin Shivcharitrachya Nimittane
- Vijay Durgache Rahasya'
- छत्रपती शिवाजी महाराज व पहिले बाजीराव पेशवे यांची "कालातीत व्यवस्थापन तत्वे".
- 'shivbhushan'. He presented 'Shivbhushan', a poem in the Brajabhasha, on an audio CD.
- "Eminent historian Ninad Bedekar no more - The Times of India". Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- "Noted historian Ninad Bedekar passes away in Pune". Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- "Historian Ninad Bedekar dead". The Hindu. 2015-05-12. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- "Newspaper vendors felicitated". The Times of India. 2010-10-16. Retrieved 2010-12-12.
- Paranjape Samir (2009-08-16). "शिवशाहीच्या इतिहासाचा 'निनाद'". Loksatta (in Marathi). Retrieved 2010-12-12.
- Eminent historian Ninad Bedekar no more
- Historian Ninad Bedekar dead
- Noted historian Ninad Bedekar passes away in Pune
- ISBN 978-81-7421-178-1
- Kulthe, Bhagyashree (2011-04-05). "There are hardly any English books on Panipat". DNA. Mumbai: Diligent Media Corporation Ltd. Retrieved 16 July 2012.