|Cover artist||David Shannon|
|Series||Caldecott Honor Book|
|Published||September 1, 1998|
|Publisher||Blue Sky Press|
Caldecott Honor Book, ALA Notable ChildBulletin of the Center for Children's Books Blue Ribbon title, School Library Journal Best Book of the Year, New York Times Best Illustrated Book List
No, David!, written and illustrated by David Shannon, is a 1998 children's book published by Scholastic Inc. No, David! (1998) was named a Caldecott Honor Book, an ALA Notable Children's Book, a Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books Blue Ribbon title, a School Library Journal Best Book of the Year, and was on the New York Times Best Illustrated Book list.
When author David Shannon was five-years-old, he wrote a story about a little boy who broke all his mother's rules, leading to her often saying "No, David." In 1997, Shannon came across his childhood book in his mother's closet, and re-wrote it using a child-like handwriting and including drawings of his mishaps. In 1999 No, David was a Caldecott Honor Book.
- David Goes to School (1999)
- David Gets in Trouble (2002)
- David Smells! (2005)
- Oh, David! (2005)
- Oops! (2005)
- It's Christmas, David! (2010)
- "Uh-oh, David!" (2013)
- "It's funny, David!" (2014)
- "It's funny, David! Field trip" (2015)
Based on a 2007 online poll, the National Education Association named the book one of its "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children." It was one of the "Top 100 Picture Books" of all time in a 2012 poll by School Library Journal.
- Shannon, David (1998-09-01). No, David! (1st ed.). Blue Sky Press. ISBN 9780590930024.
- Association for Library Service to Children. "Caldecott Medal & Honor Books, 1938-Present". American Library Association. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- National Education Association (2007). "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children". Retrieved August 22, 2012.
- Bird, Elizabeth (July 6, 2012). "Top 100 Picture Books Poll Results". School Library Journal "A Fuse #8 Production" blog. Retrieved August 22, 2012.