|Fate||Acquired by Zany Brainy|
|Founded||1931 (as the Star Trading Company)
1946 (as Greenman Bros. Inc.)
1993 (as Noodle Kidoodle)
|Headquarters||Farmingdale, New York, United States|
Noodle Kidoodle was a United States retail chain that sold educational toys from 1993-2000.
The company's slogan was "Kids learn best when they're having fun!". The chain operated stores in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Michigan, Illinois, Kansas and Texas. The company was founded by Stanley Greenman, who has previously operated large-store chains such as Circus World, Play World and Playland, through his family business Greenman Bros. Inc.
The first store was opened in 1993, in Greenvale, New York. In December 1995, Greenman Bros. Inc., the parent company of Noodle Kidoodle, was renamed Noodle Kidoodle Inc. In 2000, Noodle Kidoodle was acquired by Zany Brainy, Zany Brainy paid $35 million for 60 stores.
- Sayewitz, Ronni (15 March 1998). Noodle Kidoodle shoots for toy buyer, kit and kaboodle, Dallas Business Journal, Retrieved December 13, 2010
- Noodle Kidoodle shoots for toy buyer, kit and kaboodle. (Noodle Kidoodle Inc. to open Southwestern stores)(Company Profile).
- Greenman Bros. Inc. announces change of name to Noodle Kidoodle, Inc. and intention to trade on NASDAQ.
- (25 April 2000). ZANY BRAINY BUYING NOODLE KIDOODLE, RIVAL TOY CHAIN, The New York Times, Retrieved December 13, 2010
- Noodle Kidoodle to Merge With Zany Brainy.
- Zany Brainy Files Chapter 11; Toy Retailer Cites Problems With Acquisition, Online Venture The Washington Post Author: Sara Kehaulani Goo, May 16, 2001
|This toy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|