Nordic Watercolour Museum
The architects behind the museum, painted in the typical Swedish Falu red colour, are the Danes Niels Bruun and Henrik Corfitsen, who won the assignment after an international competition. An extension built in 2012 was designed by Anders Tengbom.
The museum was Swedish Museum of the Year in 2010, and in 2011 it and the newspaper Göteborgs-Posten won the 2010 Swedish Arts and Business Awards for their marketing collaboration. In 2015 it celebrated its fifteenth anniversary and started a new book series, Vattenkonst Nordiska Akvarellmuseet.
The museum has five guest studios available to artists and the general public. The studios support artistic collaboration for public programs, study courses, publications, lectures and offer artists opportunities for studio visits.
- Johnson, Mark Dean. Pacific Light: A Survey of Californian Watercolour 1908-2008 (English and Norwegian). 2008.
- Nordal, Bera. Children's Picture Books: The Contemporary Story. 2007.
- Zorn, Anders. Watercolours. 2004.
- "Nordic Watercolour Museum", EU Mies Award, retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "About the Museum", Nordic Watercolour Museum, retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Nordiska Akvarellmuseet – Årets Museum", Riksförbundet Sveriges museer, 24 March 2010 (Swedish).
- "Akvarellmuseum blev årets museum", Svenska Dagbladet, 25 March 2010 (Swedish).
- "Göteborgs-Posten och Nordiska Akvarellmuseet tog hem segern i Swedish Arts and Business Awards", Kultur och Näringsliv, 9 May 2011, archived on 21 May 2011 (Swedish).
- Nen Arnell, "Akvarellmuseet firar 15 år", Zenit, 2015 (Swedish).
- Nordic Watercolour Museum website
|This article related to a museum in Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|