On graduating he received a post in the Indian Forest Service where he worked until 1948. During this period (in 1931) he married Eleanor Constance Rundell. During the First World War he served in the Connaught Rangers in France, Greece and Palestine. He was wounded in 1916.
His wife died in 1957. They had no children.
In 1962 the Linnean Society awarded him their gold medal, the highest recognition a botanist can receive.
- Member of the Indian National Science Academy
- President of the Indian Botanical Society
- Fellow of the Linnean Society
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh (1947)
- List of the Grasses of Assam (1938)
- Flora of Assam (1940)
- Floras of Cyprus and Iraq
- Manuals of Indian Botany (1953)
- Some Beautiful Indian Climbers and Shrubs (1954)
- ‘BOR, Norman Loftus’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007 accessed 30 May 2013
- "Author Query for 'Bor'". International Plant Names Index.
|This Irish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|