North Tennessee Bible Institute
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
North Tennessee Bible Institute and Seminary is an unaccredited private Christian college originally based in Clarksville, Tennessee. It was founded in 1970-71 by Dr. William Corley, Dr. Roy Neeley and Mary McCraw. Corley was president until he died in 2008. Under Corley's leadership the interdenominational Institute offered 2- and 4-year programs leading to a "ministry license," and preparing students for Christian ministry and missionary work.
The Institute was active in sponsoring tent meeting revivals and interdenominational crusades for Christ.
In 2012 the Institute's property on Martin Luther King Boulevard in Clarksville was rezoned in order to enable it to be sold.
TFBIS offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
Important alumni and faculty
- Mal Couch: author and founder/president of the Tyndale Theological Seminary
- Dr. Patty May: author, ministry director, and alumni association director at the Florida Bible Institute and Seminary
- Rev. Dr. William Corley: Chief of Chaplains of the TN State Guard; commissioned Brigadier General; served with the 100th division of the USAR. Former president of NTBIS.
- Rev. Dr. Richard Griffin: pastor, author, and adjunct professor.
- "Alumni". North Tennessee Bible Institute. Archived from the original on 2012-10-21. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-11-04. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "North Tennessee Bible Institute". Educationhq.org. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- Beach, Ursula. Tennessee county history series : Montgomery County.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-21. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- Chronicle (Clarksville newspaper; obit), Clarksville, Tenn, 23 Nov 2008: A.5.
- "Funeral services for Rev. William Corley to be held Monday in Clarksville". Clarksville, TN Online. 2008-11-23. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "William Corley Obituary – Clarksville, Tennessee". www.obitsforlife.com. Retrieved 2016-07-02.[permanent dead link]
- Seale, Senee (30 March 2004). "Exploring the faces of job training Senee Seale Moon". The Leaf Chronicle. Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- Henderson, Yolanda (5 July 2003). "Tent revival organizers invite community to worship". The Leaf-Chronicle. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- Black, Lester (24 October 2012). "New golf course gets first approval". The Leaf Chronicle. Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- "The Florida Bible Institute and Seminary Inc. :: Degree Programs". tfbis.com. Retrieved 2016-07-02.