Note to God
|"Note to God"|
|Song by JoJo|
|from the album The High Road|
|Released||October 17, 2006|
|Genre||R&B, pop, gospel|
|Label||Da Family, Blackground Records|
|Producer(s)||David Foster, Peter Stengaard|
|The High Road track listing|
"Note to God" is a song written by Diane Warren and first recorded by American R&B singer JoJo in 2006 for her album The High Road. "Note to God" is partly an emotional prayer. The lyrics are composed of things that would be written in a letter to God.
|"Note to God"|
|Single by Charice|
|from the album Charice|
|Released||May 15, 2009|
|Charice singles chronology|
On May 18, 2009, Filipina pop singer Charice performed it on The Oprah Winfrey Show. Charice's recording of the song, produced by David Foster, served as the first North American single for her self-titled album. It was only released as a digital download but it charted in the U.S. and Canada due to high digital sales.
Multiple Grammy Award-winner Diane Warren confirmed on The Oprah Winfrey Show that she immediately knew the song "Note to God" was perfect for Charice the moment she heard the young singer's voice. She also expressed her enchantment with Charice's rendition of her song and how the singer surpassed the expectations she set for this composition.
This emotionally packed song, which brought the studio audience to their feet and Oprah Winfrey to tears on The Oprah Winfrey Show, was accompanied by an orchestra, David Foster and the Western Michigan University’s vocal jazz ensemble, Gold Company when it debuted on the show.
Charice launched her debut single "Note to God" with a performance on The Oprah Winfrey Show on May 18, 2009. This number served as the final act of Oprah's "Search for the World's Smartest and Most Talented Kids"; a year-long series which showcased kids with outstanding skills and talents from across the globe.
On the issue date of June 6, 2009, "Note to God" entered the Billboard Hot 100 at number 44, while debuting at number 35 on the Canadian Hot 100. "Note to God" peaked on the Billboard Hot Digital Songs chart at number 24, the Hot Digital Tracks chart at number 23, and the Hot Canadian Digital Singles chart at number 9.
|Canadian Hot 100||35|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||44|
- Macpherson, Alex (January 19, 2007). "JoJo, The High Road". The Guardian. Retrieved May 29, 2009.
- Serillano, Amor (May 26, 2009). "Charice sings her "Note to God"". Philippine Online Chronicles. Retrieved June 12, 2009.[dead link]
- "The World's Most Talented Kids". Oprah.com. Retrieved June 12, 2009.
- "Gold Company performs on 'Oprah'". WMI News. April 28, 2009. Retrieved June 12, 2009.
- Lamb, Bill. "Charice Releases "Note to God" - Can Oprah Make a Pop Star?". About.com. Retrieved May 28, 2009.
- "Oprah's Search for the World's Smartest and Most Talented Kids". Oprah.com. Retrieved June 12, 2009.
- "Ecco chi è la ragazza filippina che ci ha stregati a Ti lascio una canzone". ilsussidario.net. May 29, 2009. Retrieved June 12, 2009.
- "The Billboard Hot 100 "Note To God"". Billboard. Archived from the original on October 11, 2014. Retrieved May 28, 2009.
- "Canadian Hot 100 "Note To God"". Billboard. Retrieved May 28, 2009.[dead link]
- "Hot Digital Songs "Note To God"". Billboard. Retrieved June 16, 2009.[dead link]
- "Hot Digital Tracks "Note To God"". Billboard. Retrieved June 16, 2009.[dead link]