Anything (JoJo song)
|Single by JoJo|
|from the album The High Road|
|B-side||"Do Whatcha Gotta Do", "Get It Poppin'"|
|Released||May 7, 2007 (UK)
May 8, 2007 (U.S.)
|Format||CD single, digital download|
(Encino, Los Angeles, California)
Sony Music Studios
(New York City, New York)
Sound Move Studios
(Sun Valley, Los Angeles, California)
|Genre||R&B, teen pop|
|Writer(s)||Beau Dozier, Mischke Butler, Justin Trugman, David Paich, Jeff Porcaro|
|Producer(s)||Beau Dozier, Justin Trugman|
|JoJo singles chronology|
"Anything" is a song by American singer JoJo from her second studio album, The High Road (2006). Written by Beau Dozier, Mischke Butler, and Justin Trugman and released as the album's third and final single in May 2007, the track contains a sample from Toto's 1982 song, "Africa" written by David Paich and Jeff Porcaro. The song premiered on March 19, 2006 on The Second JammX Kids All Star Dance Special.
The single was the second official single from The High Road in European countries and was released in the United Kingdom on May 7, 2007; it began gaining airplay there on March 24, 2007, eventually debuting on BBC Radio 1's playlist under the B-list section. JoJo was in the UK during the first two weeks of May to promote the single; she performed at London's G-A-Y on May 12, and appeared on GMTV on May 8 as part of a series of radio and television interviews. "Anything" remained in the top forty of the UK Singles Chart for three weeks.
The music video for "Anything" was expected to premiere on May 2. The JoJo UK street team had launched a competition for fans to make their own video for "Anything" that would appear on the enhanced CD when the single was released. It was announced that member "TheHighRoad" won the video mission and his video would be placed on the official website, but fans who wanted to watch it would have to buy the CD because it "unlocks" the video. JoJo posted on her MySpace page that an official video was not completed and that she had asked Blackground Records to facilitate the production process with her and her management. An official video never surfaced.
- U.S. CD single
- "Anything" (Album Version)
- "Anything" (Instrumental)
- "Anything" (Call Out Hook)
- "Do Whatcha Gotta Do"
- U.S Promo Single
- "Anything" (LP Version) -3:49
- "Anything" (Instrumental)-3:51
- "Anything" (Call Out Hook) -0:31
- UK CD single
- "Anything" (WaWa Club Mix)
Also includes the winning fan videos for "Anything".
- European CD single
- "Anything" (Instrumental)
- "Get It Poppin'"
- "Too Little Too Late" (Full Phatt Remix featuring Tah Mac)
- Promo CD single
- "Anything" (Album version)
- "Anything" (Instrumental version)
- "Anything" (Chorus a cappella version)
- "Anything" (Radio edit)
- "Anything" (WaWa dub)
- "Anything" (WaWa mix)
2013 remix version
|European Hot 100||57|
|Irish Singles Chart||18|
|UK Singles Chart||21|
|U.S. Billboard Pop Songs||38|
- Lamb, Bill. "Review of JoJo's Second Album, The High Road". About.com. Retrieved 2008-05-01.
- "European Hot 100 Singles". Billboard. Archived from the original on November 27, 2015. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- "JoJo – Anything – Music Charts". αCharts.us. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- "Top 40 Mainstream". Billboard. Archived from the original on May 9, 2014. Retrieved 2008-04-30.