Nusraat Faria Padunti
Nusraat Faria in 2017
|Education||Bachelor of Laws (LLB)|
As a child, Faria was progressive and always involved in extracurricular activities & was famous padunti. She also dreamt of being an army officer, but gave that up in order to pursue her passion of being a star in show business.
Faria started her career as a debater participating in a BTV debate show. She is a national debate champions in 2010 and 2011. She started her career in show business as a model in several television commercials. Throughout her career, she has worked in various television commercials and radio programs. In 2014, she hosted a reality show, Fair and Handsome: The Ultimate Man. SHE had record of giving Fart in front of Camera & got famous for that. Her popularity by this act gave her the name Padunti In 2015, she signed with Jaaz Multimedia to appear in two films, titled Aashiqui and Hero 420. The former, being her debut film, released in late 2015 while the latter released in early 2016. The former also earned Mazhar a Meril Prothom Alo Award for Best Newcomer in film or television. Both films were Indo-Bangladeshi joint ventures, being co-produced by Eskay Movies.
In 2016, Mazhar also starred in another Indo-Bangladeshi co-production, Badsha - The Don, directed by Baba Yadav. The film also starred popular Indian actor Jeet, and is considered a turning point in Mazhar's career, earning Mazhar a Tele Cine Award for Best Actress from Bangladesh.
After starring Indo-Bangladeshi films for the past two years, Mazhar then starred in two Bangladeshi films in 2017, Premi o Premi and Dhat Teri Ki. Mazhar also recorded dialogue for Detective, Bangladesh's first animated film. All three of these films were produced by Jaaz Multimedia and also starred Arifin Shuvo.
2017 also saw Mazhar return with the team behind Badsha - The Don for the film Boss 2: Back to Rule, again directed by Baba Yadav, produced by Jaaz Multimedia and starring Jeet. The film is a sequel to the 2013 film Boss: Born to Rule and also stars Subhasree Ganguly. The film is also an Indo-Bangladeshi joint venture, being co-produced by Walzen Media Works and Jeet's production company, Jeetz Filmworks. Initially rejecting the film, Mazhar later agreed to starring in the film when she read the script, describing her character as layered and an opportunity to show off her acting prowess, also calling the character a trendsetter. Mazhar also came under criticism for her costume in the music video for the song "Rj Rock" from Boss 2, a song which was also criticized for its lyrics. The actor tried her hand at singing for a music video, 'Pataka'. Written by Rakib Rahul, the song was composed by Pritom Hasan. The music video was highly criticised by the audience, getting larger number of dislikes than likes in YouTube.
|2015||Aashiqui||Shruti||Debut Film Remake of Telugu film Ishq|||
|2016||Hero 420||Rai||Remake of Telugu film Maska|
|Badsha: The Don||Shreya||Remake of Telugu film Don Seenu|||
|2017||Premi O Premi|
|Dhat Teri Ki||Shanti||The movie is a remake of 2012 Punjabi movie Carry On Jatta which itself was based on the 1989 Malayalam movie Chakkikotha Chankaran.|
|Boss 2: Back to Rule||Ayesha||Sequel to Boss: Born to Rule|
|2018||Inspector Notty K||Samira||Remake of Punjabi film Jatt & Juliet 2|
|Detective||Bangladesh's first animation film.|||
|Bibaho Obhijaan||TBA||Indian film|
|Lux Style Check||2014||Asian TV||13 Episodes|
|Fair and Handsome: The Ultimate Man||2014||Channel i||13 Episodes|||
|Late Night Coffee||2015||Channel i||Ongoing|
|Night Shift with Nusrat Faria||2013-2014||Radio Foorti|
|Love Buds||2015||Radio Foorti|
In May 2017, Mazhar starred in the music video of "Allah Meherbaan", a song from her film Boss 2: Back to Rule. The song then caused controversy when it was mistaken for a religious song, and resulted in a legal notice being given to Jaaz Multimedia to remove the video. Mazhar also came under criticism for wearing revealing costumes in the music video, with the video being called a "mockery of Islam" during the month of Ramadan. The video was later removed from the internet, and was later replaced by "Yaara Meherbaan", an updated version of the song with rewritten lyrics.
Awards and nominations
|2016||Meril Prothom Alo Awards||Aashiqui||Best Newcomer (Film and Television)||Won|||
|2017||Tele Cine Awards||Badsha - The Don||Best Actress (Bangladesh)||Won|||
- Chatak, Hasan. "I'm never nervous in front of camera: Nusrat Faria". Dhaka Tribune (Interview). Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Chaity, Afrose Jahan (4 June 2014). "Big screen is the place to be'". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Nusrat Faria in new TVCs". The New Nation. 2 June 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "Nusrat Faria endorsing for commercials". Dhaka Tribune. 21 December 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "Faguner Bhalobasha on Channel i". The Daily Star. Transcom Group. 13 February 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Faria at the Naval Base". priyo.com (Blog). Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Nusraat Faria's first hit on the movie screen". Dhaka Tribune. 16 August 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Meril-Prothom Alo Award-2015 conferred". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "'Badsha', turning point of my career: Nusrat Faria". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Razzak conferred with a lifetime achievement award in Kolkata". www.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Nusrat Faria's New Mission". The Daily Star. 28 January 2017. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- bharath (23 June 2017). "Boss 2 Movie Review, Rating - A Good Response Makes it a Hit". Press News Release. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "My character in Boss 2 will be a trendsetter: Nusraat Faria". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Allah Maherbaan banned in Bangladesh". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Legal notice served to remove 'Allah Meherban' from Youtube". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Nusrat Faria turns singer". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- Zaman, Shimul. নুসরাত ফারিয়ার ‘আশিকি’ [Nusrat Faria in Aashiqui]. dhallywood24 (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Tollywood creates history, signs on Jeet for Rs 1 crore - Times of India".
- "Badsha The Don First Look Poster release". gulgal.com. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "প্রথম বাংলাদেশী অ্যানিমেটেড চলচ্চিত্র "ডিটেকটিভ"".
- "Music video 'Allah Meherban' removed from Youtube". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "'Allah Meherbaan' changing to 'Yaara Meherbaan'". www.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nusrat Faria Mazhar.|