Nyack Public Schools
Nyack Public Schools is a school district headquartered in the Town of Orangetown, New York, United States. It serves several areas in Orangetown and Clarkstown including the villages of Nyack, South Nyack, and Upper Nyack, Upper Grand View, and the hamlet of Valley Cottage. As of December 2004 the district had 2,881 students in all five schools.
A February 1999 report released by a chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and the Nyack Partners in Education stated that honors classes had nine times as many caucasians as African Americans, while the district that Nyack is a part of had two caucasians for one African Americans as a whole. This caused racial tension in the district.
- Liberty Elementary School (was known as Lake Road School) (Valley Cottage)
- Upper Nyack School (Upper Nyack)
- Valley Cottage School (Valley Cottage)
- Brenner, Elsa (2004-12-05). "A Trio of Villages Hugging the Hudson". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- Zenicke, Kate. "Racial Gap in Schools Splits A Town Proud of Diversity." The New York Times. Friday August 14, 2000. Retrieved on April 29, 2009.