The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
OMA Lightweight M2M is a protocol from the Open Mobile Alliance for M2M or IoT device management. Lightweight M2M enabler defines the application layer communication protocol between a LWM2M Server and a LWM2M Client, which is located in a LWM2M Device. The OMA Lightweight M2M enabler includes device management and service enablement for LWM2M Devices. The target LWM2M Devices for this enabler are mainly resource-constrained devices. Therefore, this enabler makes use of a light and compact protocol as well as an efficient resource data model. It provides a choice for the M2M Service Provider to deploy a M2M system to provide service to the M2M User. It is frequently used with CoAP.
OMA Lightweight M2M is designed to:
- Provide Device Management functionality over sensor or cellular networks
- Transfer service data from the network to devices
- Extend to meet the requirements of most any application
OMA LWM2M 1.0
Lightweight M2M 1.0 enabler introduces the following features below for the initial release.
- Simple Object based resource model
- Resource operations of creation/retrieval/update/deletion/configuration of attribute
- Resource observation/notification
- TLV/JSON/Plain Text/Opaque data format support
- UDP and SMS transport layer support
- DTLS based security
- Queue mode for NAT/Firewall environment
- Multiple LWM2M Server support
- Basic M2M functionalities: LWM2M Server, Access Control, Device, Connectivity, Firmware Update, Location, Connectivity Statistics 
|Name||Programming Language||Implemented LWM2M version||Client/Server||License||Link|
|ARM mbed||C++||1.0||Client + Server||Apache 2||https://www.mbed.com/en/|
|AVSystem Anjay||C||1.0||Client||Apache 2.0||https://anjay.io|
|AVSystem Coiote IoT Device Management||Java||1.0 and 1.1||Server||Commercial||https://www.avsystem.com/products/coiote-iot-dm/|
|Awa LightweightM2M||C||1.0||Client + Server||BSD 3-clause||https://github.com/FlowM2M/AwaLWM2M|
|Eclipse Leshan||Java||1.0||Client + Server||EPL+EDL||http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.leshan|
|Eclipse Wakaama||C||1.0||Client + Server||EPL+EDL||http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.wakaama|
|Friendly LwM2M Client||C||1.0||Client||Commercial||https://www.friendly-tech.com/products/lwm2m-embedded-client|
|IoTerop IOWA||C||1.0 and 1.1||Client + Server||Commercial||http://ioterop.com/products|
|Cumulocity LWM2M||Java (based on Leshan)||1.0||Server / Enterprise Integration||Commercial||http://www.cumulocity.com|
|Waher Networking||C#, .NET Standard||1.0||Client||Commercial||https://waher.se/IoTGateway/Libraries.md|
- "Friendly Technologies' One-IoT™ Platform and LwM2M Client Selected by OriginGPS for IoT System Demo - OMA SpecWorks". www.omaspecworks.org. Retrieved 2018-05-14.
- "Vending Machines - Remote Management with Friendly One-IoT™ Management Platform". www.friendly-tech.com. Retrieved 2018-05-14.