O Yuki Conjugate
O Yuki Conjugate are an ambient/experimental band, formed in Nottingham in 1982 and now based in London. They have released numerous vinyl and digital albums, and gigged in the Netherlands, Belgium and France, as well as the UK. The group has gone through three main lineups, all with core members Andrew Hulme and Roger Horberry. Mark One featured Clare Elliott and Tim Horberry; Mark Two included Dan Mudford, Pete Woodhead, Malcolm McGeorge and Joe Gardiner, and Mark Three featured Rob Jenkins.
Reviewers and fans have variously described their sound as "post industrial", "fourth world", "ambient", "tribal" and "experimental". None of these are quite right; O Yuki Conjugate's early influences included Cabaret Voltaire and 23 Skidoo, before they moved to a more organic sound influenced by Jon Hassell for their first LP and beyond. Their sound is a mashup of all OYC's influences, and - particularly in their early years - frequently featured looping and found percussion. The band described their 2006 release "The Euphoria of Disobedience" as ''dirty ambient - multi layered, hyper textural and distinctly gritty''.
The band is currently enjoying a period of hibernation.
- Scene In Mirage a-mission LP, 1985.
- Into Dark Water Final Image LP, 1987.
- Peripheral Vision Ikon video, 1988.
- Primitive (collected works 1983-1987) Staalplaat/Soleilmoon, 1996.
- Peyote Multimood/Projekt, 1991.
- Undercurrents (in Dark Water) Staalplaat/Soleilmoon, 1992.
- Equator Staalplaat, 1994 (Co-produced by Paul Schutze).
- Sunchemical Remixes EP, Staalplaat 1995.
- Circular No 1/ Circular No 2 EP, Syntactic 1997.
- The Euphoria of Disobedience OYC Limited, 2006.
- OYC25 Soleilmoon, 2009.
- Ambiguism 1983-1987 Vinyl On Demand, 2010