From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up obelisk in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An obelisk is a tall, four-sided monument.
Obelisk may also refer to:
In business and education
- Obelisk International, a private investment company
- Obelisk Press, a Paris publisher
- Obelisk SRC, a learning-management system
- Obelisk Beach, a beach in New South Wales, Australia
- Obelisk Col, a mountain pass on James Ross Island in Antarctica
- Obelisk Mountain, a mountain in Antarctica
- Obelisk Hill, a former name of Monument Hill, the site of the Fremantle War Memorial
- Obelisk Islet, an island in the Torres Strait in Queensland, Australia
In media and entertainment
- Obelisk, a fictional weapon in the game Command and Conquer
- Obelisk the Tormentor, a Yu-Gi-Oh! God card
- "The Obelisk", a minicomic in the Masters of the Universe comic line
- The Obelisk, a predecessor of the alternative band The Cure
- "The Obelisk", a painting by Hubert Robert (1733-1808)
- Obelisk ship, a type of ship historically used to transport obelisks
In other uses
- Obelisk (hieroglyph), an Ancient Egyptian hieroglyph
- Dagger (†), a punctuation mark also called an "obelisk"
- Obelisk posture, a position that some dragonflies and damselflies assume to avoid overheating
- Obelix, a character in the Asterix comic strips
- Obelus, a symbol (÷) which is distinct from the symbol called obelisk or dagger
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Obelisk.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.