Odd Karsten Tveit
|Odd Karsten Tveit|
|Born||17 December 1945|
|Occupation||Journalist, correspondent, writer|
|Agent||Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation|
Odd Karsten Tveit (born 17 December 1945) is a Norwegian journalist, writer and economist. His speciality is the Middle East, a subject on which he has written several books. Tveit has been a foreign correspondent for the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) in the Middle East through three periods, from 1979 to 1983, from 1990 to 1994, and from 2003 to 2007.
Tveit has worked as a journalist for the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation since 1973. To begin with he covered petroleum development in the North Sea. From 1977 Tveit has been attached to NRK's foreign editorial office ("utenriksredaksjonen").
Tveit was again Middle East correspondent for NRK from 2003 to 2007, when the office was based in Amman. In 2007 Sidsel Wold was assigned as NRK's new correspondent after Tveit had finished his period in Amman.
Tveit was responsible for the documentary program Brennpunkt: Sporene etter Sharon ("Focus: Tracks after Sharon"), broadcast by NRK in 2002. This program received the Gullruten award for best TV documentary in 2002.
Tveit wrote three books on energy politics in the early 1970s. From the mid-1980s the theme for his books has been the Middle East. He issued the book Alt for Israel. Oslo-Jerusalem 1948–1978 ("All for Israel") in 1996, and Krig og diplomati. Oslo-Jerusalem 1978–1996 ("War and Diplomacy") in 2005. He was awarded the Brage Prize for non-fiction in 2005, for Krig og diplomati.
- Vår olje og vår kraft (1973)
- Nordsjøoljen (1973)
- Barentshavet – foran vanskelige grenseforhandlinger (1974)
- Nederlag. Israels krig i Libanon (1985)
- Alt for Israel. Oslo-Jerusalem 1948–1978 (1996)
- Annas hus. En beretning fra Stavanger til Jerusalem (2000) (about Anna Spafford)
- Krig og diplomati. Oslo-Jerusalem 1978–1996 (2005)
- Anna's House: The American Colony in Jerusalem [Translated into English by Peter Scott-Hansen] Rimal Publications (2011)
- Goodbye Lebanon: Israel's First Defeat [Translated into English by Peter Scott-Hansen] Rimal Publications (2013)
- John Harbo (2005). "Vektig om Midtøsten – ODD KARSTEN TVEIT – Krig og diplomati Oslo-Jerusalem 1978–96" (in Norwegian). Aftenposten. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- Tveit, Odd Karsten (1985). Nederlag. Israels krig i Libanon (in Norwegian). Cappelen. p. sleeve. ISBN 82-02-09346-5.
- Signe Karin Hotvedt (2003). "NRK Nyheter – Korrespondentene – Odd Karsten Tveit" (in Norwegian). NRK. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- Robert Fisk (8 December 2013). An obsessive's documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law. The Independent. Retrieved from 
- KYRRE DAHL (28 March 2003). "Månedens jobb-bytter i radiobransjen – februar og mars 2003" (in Norwegian). RADIONYTT.NO. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- SIGRID HVIDSTEN (2007). "Her er NRKs nye utenrikskorrespondenter. NRK stokker om utenriksavdelingen." (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- "Brennpunkt – Sesongen 2002" (in Norwegian). 2002. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- Synne Hedlo (9 June 2002). "Gullruten 2002 – NRK er gullruten" (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- Sten Inge Jørgensen (2005). "Oslo-prosess uten ære" (in Norwegian). VG. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- "Brageprisen. Prisvinnere 2005" (in Norwegian). 2005. Retrieved 2008-10-13.