He was Professor of Prehistoric Archaeology at Hebrew University in Jerusalem since 1967, the institution where he originally studied archaeology at undergraduate and post-graduate levels in the 1960s. In 1988, he moved to the United States of America where he became Professor of Prehistoric Archaeology at Harvard University as well as Curator of Palaeolithic Archaeology at the Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology. He is now a professor emeritus.
- "Ofer Bar-Yosef Curriculum Vitae". Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- The Natufian Culture in the Levant (Ed), International Monographs in Prehistory, 1992.
- Late Quaternary Chronology and Paleoclimates of the Eastern Mediterranean. Radiocarbon, 1994.
- Seasonality and Sedentism: Archaeological Perspectives from Old and New World Sites, (Ed), Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, 1998.
- (with Belfer-Cohen, A) From Africa to Eurasia - Early Dispersals. Quaternary International 75:19-28, 2001.