Ohio Institute of Photography and Technology
|Address||2800 E River Rd
Dayton, OH 45439, Dayton, Ohio, United States
The Ohio Institute of Photography (OIP) was founded in 1971. In 1977, construction began on the main building. Classes began in the new building, designed specifically for photographic education, the following September. The building was expanded again in 1984.
The school was renamed the Ohio Institute of Photography and Technology (OIP&T) in 1991 with the addition of an allied health program. Several other medical, criminal justice, and graphic design related programs were added to the curriculum over the next several years. With the addition of these programs, the school added classroom space in the nearby Point West Business Park. A branch campus called Florida Education Center-Lauderhill was opened in January 2005.
Programs of study
- Dental Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assistant - Diploma
- Nursing - Associate of Applied Science
- Pharmacy Technician - Diploma
- Photographic Technology - Associate of Applied Science
- Commercial Photography
- General Applied Photography
- Portrait Photography
- Electrical Technician - Diploma
- Heating, Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration - Diploma
The school is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), which offers accreditation to whole institutions for diverse educational programs. The medical assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.