|Location||Okpo-dong, South Korea|
Okpo Land was an amusement park based in the outskirts of Okpo-dong, South Korea. It was shut down in May 1999 after a series of fatal accidents, in particular the death of a child who fell from the duck rollercoaster ride.
The remnants of Okpo Land were demolished in 2011, so that a hotel could be constructed on its former location.
As of today, the history of Okpo Land remains unknown.
- 도심흉물로 방치된 옥포랜드, 해법은 없는가? at Daum Communications; published June 17, 2008; retrieved December 5, 2013
- 8 eerie, abandoned amusement parks: Okpo Land; at Mother Nature Network; published September 2, 2011; retrieved December 5, 2013
- Parcs d’attractions abandonnés by Annie Harvey; at MSN; published October 20, 2010; retrieved December 5, 2013
- 대우조선해양, 옥포호텔 신축 기공식 at NewsEye Geoje; published December 9, 2011; retrieved December 5, 2013
- Okpo Land at Urban Exploration Resources (includes photo galleries)