Oleksandr Maksymovych Sych (born July 16, 1964 Dert, Rivne oblast) is a Ukrainian politician. He is a member of the Svoboda party. On 27 February 2014 he became one of two "Vice Prime Ministers" to the Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine following the 2014 Ukrainian Revolution. On 12 November 2014 Sych and his fellow two Svoboda ministers in the Yatsenyuk Government resigned (they became acting ministers till a new Government was formed).
In 1986 Sych graduated from the Vasyl Stefanyk Subcarpathian National University as a history teacher and in 1999 as a lawyer. Sych is a candidate of historic sciences (2009) and a docent of the Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas.
Sych holds right-wing, nationalist views, which he maintains are distinct from fascism and Nazism. He is an anti-abortion activist, having publicly stated that women should "lead the kind of lifestyle to avoid the risk of rape, including refraining from drinking alcohol and being in controversial company", comments which, according to The Guardian, attracted criticism from women's and human rights organisations.
- Назначен Премьер-министр Украины и состав Правительства [Naming of the Prime Minister and of the composition of the Government] (in Russian). Правительственный портал. 2014-02-27. Retrieved 2014-03-09.
В состав Правительства Украины вошли: Первый вице-премьер-министр-Виталий Ярема, Вице-премьер-министр - Александр Сыч, Вице-премьер-министр - Министр регионального развития, строительства и жилищно-коммунального хозяйства - Владимир Гройсман
- Svoboda party members in Ukrainian government resign – Deputy Premier Sych, Interfax-Ukraine (12 November 2014)
- Професорсько-викладацький склад (Ukrainian)
- Profile (Ukrainian)
- Oleksandr Sych addressing Plast Organization with the honour of 102 years.
- Oleksandr Sych: The dictatorship-type fascism is the dominant way of governance of the current criminal regime Retrieved on March 8, 2014
- Who exactly is governing Ukraine? The Guardian, Retrieved on March 9, 2014
|This biographical article about a Ukrainian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|