On Golden Pond (2001 film)
|On Golden Pond|
|Written by||Ernest Thompson|
|Directed by||Ernest Thompson
Martin Pasetta (live broadcast director)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||100 minutes|
On Golden Pond is a 2001 American television adaptation of the play starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. The movie originally aired on CBS on April 29, 2001 and was promoted as a live television event. The movie was filmed on a sound stage in Los Angeles, CA.
Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer had previously starred in the highly successful 1965 film The Sound of Music, and their reuniting in this play was part of the promotion for the original broadcast of the film. The film is also notable because the author of the play, Ernest Thompson, directed this version and Craig Anderson, the producer/director of the original Off Broadway and Broadway productions of the play, was the executive producer.
Thompson provided rewrites to his original play for this broadcast. Most of them in Act II and centering on the characters of Bill Ray and Charlie Martin.
Approximately 11.9 million people watched the production when it was initially released. This was the lowest viewership for a program in its timeslot.
- Julie Andrews as Ethel Thayer
- Christopher Plummer as Norman Thayer
- Glenne Headly as Chelsea Thayer Wayne
- Sam Robards as Bill Ray
- Brett Cullen as Charlie Martin
- Will Rothhaar as Billy Ray Jr
Awards and nominations
- Nomination for "Outstanding Art Direction for a Miniseries, Movie or a Special" (2001)
- Gates, Anita (April 29, 2001). "TELEVISION/RADIO; 'On Golden Pond,' the Event: Yes (Sigh), I'll Watch". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-10-29.
- "Craig Anderson Productions filmography (page 2)". Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- Susman, Gary (May 7, 2001). "Niki Taylor is seriously hurt in a car crash Plus, no writers' strike yet, Jerry Seinfeld hits the road, and more [TV Ratings This 'Weak']". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2010-10-30.
- "Primetime Emmy Award Database". emmys.com. Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- On Golden Pond at the Internet Movie Database
- YouTube video of part 1
- Variety Review
- LA Times article
|This article related to an American TV movie is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|