|Original author(s)||Hervé Drolon, François-Olivier Devaux, Antonin Descampe, Yannick Verschueren, David Janssens, Benoît Macq|
|Initial release||December 15, 2005|
2.3.0 / October 4, 2017
|Operating system||Mac OS X, Windows, POSIX|
OpenJPEG is an open-source library to encode and decode JPEG 2000 images. As of version 2.1 released in April 2014, it is officially conformant with the JPEG 2000 Part-1 standard. It was subsequently adopted by ImageMagick instead of JasPer in 6.8.8-2 and approved as new reference software for this standard in July 2015. OpenJPEG is a fork of libj2k, a JPEG-2000 codec library written by David Janssens during his master thesis at University of Louvain (UCLouvain) in 2001.
- "OpenJPEG library : an open source JPEG 2000 codec". Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- "OpenJPEG 2.3.0 released". Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- Mathieu Malaterre (30 Jun 2005). "Re: [Dcmlib] jpeg 2000". Newsgroup: comp.protocols.dicom. Usenet: kAUwe.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official website
- Communications and Remote Sensing Lab
- Digital Signal Processing Lab (DSPLab)
- intoPIX - JPEG2000 FPGA/ASIC IP-cores solutions
- Performance comparison with GPU-based codecs
|This graphics software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|