||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Born in Birmingham, Alabama, United States, Fink was half of the Southern dream pop duo Azure Ray from 2001 to 2004. Fink is also a former member of Now It's Overhead, another Saddle Creek band. She released her first full-length solo album Invisible Ones on August 23, 2005. She is married to Todd Fink (formerly Todd Baechle) of The Faint, another Saddle Creek band. Fink uses Garrison guitars.
Fink said she had a spiritual awakening while in Haiti and her solo music is inspired, in part, by Haitian folk music. In 2006, she formed a new band, Art in Manila, originally named Art Bell. The band's debut album was released on Saddle Creek on August 7, 2007.
Orenda and her long-time friend, Cedric Lemoyne (bassist for Remy Zero) have collaborated to form a project called O+S. The album is indie rock-based, coming from sounds Orenda recorded in Haiti and other places. Cedric made loops out of the sounds and wrote songs based on them. The album was released on March 24, 2009 on Saddle Creek Records.
Her second solo album, Ask the Night was released on Saddle Creek Records on October 6, 2009, including the song "Why is The Night Sad" played with Azure Ray at their reunion show in Los Angeles on November 15, 2008. This was followed by a more extensive west coast tour in July 2009, and the band has announced plans to release new material in 2010.
Orenda began recording her third solo album in December 2013. Collaborating on the album is her "dream team," Ben Brodin, husband Todd Fink and Bill Rieflin. Blue Dream was released on Saddle Creek Records on August 19, 2014.
With Little Red Rocket
With Azure Ray
- Azure Ray (2001 · Warm)
- Burn and Shiver (2002 · Warm)
- November EP (2002 · Saddle Creek)
- Hold on Love (2003 · Saddle Creek)
- Drawing Down the Moon (2010 - Saddle Creek)
- Bloodline EP (2005 · iTunes Exclusive)
- Invisible Ones (2005 · Saddle Creek)
- Ask the Night (2009 · Saddle Creek)
- Blue Dream (2014 · Saddle Creek)
With Art in Manila
- Bright Eyes - There Is No Beginning to the Story (2002 · Saddle Creek)
- Bright Eyes - Lifted or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground (2002 · Saddle Creek)
- Bright Eyes/Neva Dinova - One Jug of Wine, Two Vessels (2004 · Crank! Records)
- Bloodline (2005, directed by Nik Fackler)
- Leave it All (2006, directed by Rudolf Buitendach)
- Appeared in the music video for "Lovers Need Lawyers," by The Good Life.
- Appeared in the music video for "Yellow Datsun," by Neva Dinova.
- Performed a cover of The Flaming Lips' "Do You Realize??"
- Contributed background vocals to The Elected's "Don't Blow It," from their debut album Me First (2004).
- Sang backup on McCarthy Trenching's "Headlines" on their self-titled album (2007, Team Love).
- Tim McMahan (August 15, 2005). ""Orenda Fink: Invisible Ray of Love"". lazy-i. Retrieved 2007-08-06.