|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||September 9, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Houston, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||243 lb (110 kg)|
|High school:||Jack Yates (TX)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2015|
Orie Lemon (born September 9, 1987) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Oklahoma State University.
Lemon attended Jack Yates High School where he was the starting quarterback. As a junior, he registered 1,603 yards and 22 touchdowns of total offense, while helping his team to a 5-1 district and a 10-3 overall record. As a senior, he passed for 1,214 yards and 14 touchdowns, while rushing for 600 yards and 12 touchdowns.
As a junior, he became a starter and finished second on the team with 90 tackles. In 2009, he was lost for the season after tearing his ACL knee ligament during a practice. He came back the next year to post 133 tackles, which led the team and was the 12th-most in the NCAA.
Dallas Cowboys (first stint)
He was released on August 31, 2012 and later signed to the practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on September 22. On November 7, he was placed on the injured reserve list with a hamstring injury.
Kansas City Chiefs (first stint)
On October 8, 2013, he was signed by the Arizona Cardinals to their practice squad.
Dallas Cowboys (second stint)
Kansas City Chiefs (second stint)
On October 15, 2014, he was signed by the Kansas City Chiefs to the practice squad.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
He was waived on October 1, 2015. He was re-signed on October 7, before being cut again on November 17. He was re-signed on December 9, only to be released again on December 18.
Kansas City Chiefs (third stint)
- "Orie is the story". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Lemon getting comfortable as 'real' Big 12 linebacker". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "'Super Senior' Orie Lemon is ready for his role". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "OSU linebacker Orie Lemon out for season". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Orie Lemon". kffl.com. Archived from the original on October 8, 2014. Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- Gantt, Darin (November 17, 2015). "Bucs cut linebacker Orie Lemon, safety D.J. Swearinger". NBCSports.com. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- Paylor, Terez (January 5, 2016). "Chiefs elevate Daniel Munyer, sign Orie Lemon to practice squad". Retrieved January 10, 2016.