Game (2016 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||A. M. R. Ramesh|
|Produced by||Deshraj Rai (Presenter)|
A. M. R. Ramesh
|Written by||A. M. R. Ramesh|
|Narrated by||R. Parthiban|
|Edited by||K. V. Krishna Reddy C. M. Selvakumar|
|Distributed by||Sapphire Movies|
Game (in Kannada; Oru Melliya Kodu [lit.: A thin line] in Tamil), is a 2016 Indian bilingual crime thriller mystery film directed by A. M. R. Ramesh. This movie is an unofficial remake of the 2012 Spanish thriller El Cuerpo also known as The Body, and features Arjun Sarja, Shaam and Manisha Koirala in the lead roles. With music composed by Ilayaraaja, the film was simultaneously shot in Kannada and Tamil; the former released first on February 26, 2016 while the later released on July 1, 2016. The film was dubbed and released in Telugu as Notuku Potu in 2017 and also in Hindi as Killer Kaun by Goldmines Telefilms in 2018.
- Arjun Sarja as Shakthivel IPS, Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Shaam as Akshay
- Manisha Koirala as Maaya
- Seetha as Dr. Brinda
- A. M. R. Ramesh as Deva
- Neha Saxena as Sandhya
- Aqsa Bhatt (film actress) as Bhumi
Ramesh had narrated the story to Arjun who agreed to work on the film and helped contact Manisha Koirala about playing the film's leading female role. Shaam was selected to play the film's main antagonist, a role initially planned to be played by the director himself. Arjun also helped the makers get in touch with composer Ilaiyaraaja to compose two songs for the film. The team shot in Chennai in February 2015, with Oru Melliya Kodu, a dialogue taken from Gautham Menon's Yennai Arindhaal (2015), adapted as the film's Tamil title.
In April 2015, actress Kushboo was approached to play Arjun's wife in the film but turned down the offer. The actress later sought a public clarification from the team if the story was based on the death of Indian businesswoman, Sunanda Pushkar, and urged the team to narrate the story with sensitivity. Ramesh, however, refused to confirm Kushboo's allegations and turned down her request of divulging the film's plot to the media. During December 2015, the director revealed that production was complete and that postproduction and censoring works were ongoing.
|Soundtrack album by|
- Kannada track listing
All lyrics written by V. Nagendra Prasad.
|1.||"Hoovinda Hoovige Kavana"||Karthik, Priya Himesh||5:35|
|2.||"Ondu Manjina Bindu"||Karthik, Ramya NSK||5:50|
Tamil track listing
All lyrics written by Pa. Vijay.
|1.||"Yaar Indha Velvettu"||Karthik, Priya Himesh||5:35|
|2.||"Oru Melliya Kodu"||Karthik, Ramya NSK||5:50|
The Times of India wrote that "the film is engaging and makes for a good watch" and "This non-linear narrative holds the viewer gripped." The Hindu wrote "The slow paced narration, which is unusual for Kannada audience, uses sound and visuals to get the needed effect, with Ilayaraja's music score succeeding in creating the mood." Chitraloka wrote "Game is a new kind of film for Sandalwood that will thrill all kinds of audience. Enjoy the show."
- "A BODY OF EVIDENCE". Bangalore Mirror.
- "Game movie review: A game around 'the body'". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Arjun Sarja's Next Game with Manisha". The New Indian Express.
- "Chowta out, Ilaiyaraaja in for Game". The Times of India.
- "Arjun draws Oru Melliya Kodu". indiaglitz.com.
- Muralidhara Khajane. "Film based on life of Sunanda Pushkar?". The Hindu.
- "AMR Ramesh's Game Puts Pressure on Khushboo?". The New Indian Express.
- Nikhil Raghavan. "Cinema Snippets". The Hindu.
- "Game Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- Khajane, Muralidhara (2016-02-27). "Where every character plays a 'Game'". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Game Movie Review — chitraloka.com | Kannada Movie News, Reviews | Image". www.chitraloka.com. Retrieved 2016-10-13.