From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Oscar (cat))
|Look up Oscar, oscar, Óscar, or Òscar in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Oscar or OSCAR may refer to:
- Oscar (given name), an Irish- and English-language name; the article includes the names Osgar, Oskar, and Oskari
- Oscars, a nickname for the Academy Awards, presented by the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) for cinematic film achievements. The awarded statue is called an Oscar.
- OSCAR, Orbital Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio
- OScar, a project aiming to design an open source vehicle
- oskar, a gene required for the development of the Drosophila embryo
- King Oscar sardines, a brand of canned fish
Animals and biology
- Oscar (bionic cat), a cat which had implants after losing both hind paws
- Oscar (fish), Astronotus ocellatus
- OSCAR (gene), short for Osteoclast-associated immunoglobulin-like receptor
- Oscar (therapy cat), cat who can purportedly predict the deaths of hospice patients
- Oscar, a nickname for Beast of Busco, a North American cryptid turtle
- Oscar, a nickname for Unsinkable Sam, a World War II ship's cat
- Oscar, Kentucky, U.S.
- Oscar, Louisiana, U.S.
- Oscar, Oklahoma, U.S.
- Oscar, West Virginia, U.S.
- Oscar Township, Otter Tail County, Minnesota, U.S.
- Lake Oscar (Douglas County, Minnesota)
- Lake Oscar (Otter Tail County, Minnesota)
- Oscar (Irish mythology), the warrior son of Oisín and Niamh
- Oscar the Grouch, a Muppet on Sesame Street
- Oscar, a character in the video game Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- Oscar, a fictional knight in the video game Dark Souls
- Oscar, the main character fish from the animated film Shark Tale
- Oscar, a main character fish from the animated television series Fish Hooks
- Oscar, an infant character in the film Ghostbusters II
- Oscar, a page in Verdi's opera Un ballo in maschera
- Oscar (opera), a 2013 opera about Oscar Wilde, by Theodore Morrison
- Oscar (1967 film), starring Louis de Funès
- Oscar (1991 film), starring Sylvester Stallone
- Oscar (video game), a 1993 platform game
- Psycho-Nics Oscar, a 1987 American scrolling-shooter arcade video game
- Oscar, an Allies codename for Nakajima Ki-43, a World War II Japanese aircraft.
- Oscar, the letter O in the NATO phonetic alphabet
- Oscar-class submarine, a Soviet/Russian submarine class
Technology and transport
- OSCAR Radio, a school FM radio station in Northamptonshire, England
- Outer Suburban CAR, a name for NSW TrainLink H set, a type of electric train in Australia
- Ocean Surface Current Analysis - Real time, a website that provides data on ocean currents
- OSCAR McMaster, an electronic medical record system
- OSCAR protocol, a protocol used by AOL Instant Messenger
- Open Source Cluster Application Resources, a Linux-based software installation
- Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)
- OSC OSCar, a synthesizer manufactured by the Oxford Synthesizer Company
- Out of School Care and Recreation
- Oscar Health, a U.S. health insurance company
- Veal Oscar, a culinary creation
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Oscar.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.