Otabek Mahkamov in 2012
September 5, 1984 |
Fergana or Tashkent, Uzbek SSR, USSR
|Occupation||actor and lawyer|
Otabek Mahkamov (Uzbek: Otabek Mahkamov / Отабек Маҳкамов; Russian: Отабек Махкамов) (born September 5, 1984) is an Uzbek film actor and lawyer. Mahkamov is mostly known for his supporting roles in several Uzbek films. The actor usually plays negative characters. He has also appeared in music videos of several Uzbek singers, most notably in Ozodbek Nazarbekov's "Meni kuchliroq sev".
Mahkamov's first studio movie appearance was in the 2010 film Boʻrilar 3: Oxirgi qarz (Wolves 3: The Final Debt). In the movie, he played the role of a criminal investigator. He achieved further notability in Uzbekistan after his role as an investigator in the 2011 film Majruh (Insane). Other notable films in which Mahkamov has appeared include Men yulduzman (I'm a Star) (2012), Jodugar (The Witch) (2012), Yondiradi, kuydiradi (My Love, My Pain) (2012), and Fotima (Fotima) (2013).
Otabek Mahkamov was born on September 5, 1984, in either Fergana or Tashkent. In some of his interviews with Uzbek publications, Mahkamov has claimed to have been born in Tashkent. In others, he has claimed to have been born in Ferghana. His father, Abduvahob Sattorovich, died when he was young. His mother, Raʼno Erkinovna, died in 2009.
According to Uzbek tabloids, Mahkamov has a degree in law and works as a lawyer. The tabloids also claim that he currently teaches at the National Association of Accountants and Auditors of Uzbekistan.
Mahkamov's first studio movie appearance was in the 2010 film Boʻrilar 3: Oxirgi qarz. He achieved further notability in Uzbekistan after his role as an investigator in the 2011 film Majruh. Other notable films in which Mahkamov has appeared include Men yulduzman (I'm a Star) (2012), Jodugar (The Witch) (2012), Yondiradi-kuydiradi (My Love, My Pain) (2012), and Fotima (Fotima) (2013).
Mahkamov has also published his interviews with international celebrities in Uzbek tabloids and magazines. So far he has published his interviews with Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Frédéric Diefenthal, Armand Assante, Ennio Morricone, and Mithun Chakraborty.
Mahkamov's claims about his academic qualifications
According to Uzbek media, Mahkamov has graduated from "Central European Law University" (Uzbek: Markaziy Yevropa huquqshunoslik universiteti, Марказий Европа ҳуқуқшунослик университети) located in Budapest. In some of his interviews, Mahkamov has referred to the same university as "Central European Law University under the UN" (Uzbek: BMT qoshidagi Markaziy Yevropa huquqiy universiteti, БМТ қошидаги Марказий Европа ҳуқуқий университети). Another source claims that Mahkamov graduated from the "European Law Enforcement Academy" (Uzbek: Yevropa huquqni muhofaza qilish organlari akademiyasi /Европа ҳуқуқни муҳофаза қилиш органлари академияси) with a PhD in international private law. In reality, no such university exists in Budapest or elsewhere. When Mahkamov was asked whether he was possibly referring to Central European University, he responded by saying "That must be it then". However, Central European University denied anyone of that name had studied there.
In some of his interviews, Mahkamov has claimed to have obtained a PhD from the nonexistent "Central European Law University" (Uzbek: Markaziy Yevropa huquqshunoslik universiteti / Марказий Европа ҳуқуқшунослик университети). In another interview, he claimed to have received his PhD in 2005. Given that Mahkamov was only 21 at the time and it had been only four years since his graduation from high school, this claim was shown to be a lie.
In other occasions Mahkamov has claimed to have simply interned at the "European university" (Uzbek: Yevropa universiteti / Европа университети). In yet another interview, he claimed to have received his BA from the "Central European Legal University" (Uzbek: Markaziy Yevropa huquqiy universiteti / Марказий Европа ҳуқуқий университети) and his MA in the US. However, he did not specify exactly when or where he had received his MA.
Mahkamov's claims about his interpretation skills
Mahkamov has consistently claimed that he speaks English highly fluently and has native proficiency. However, his claims have been questioned. Specifically, he was shown to have done a poor job of interpreting and speaking in the films Yondiradi, kuydiradi (My Love, My Pain) and Kelgindi kelin 2: Anjancha muhabbat (The Alien Bride 2: Love, Andijan Style. In one of his interviews, Mahkamov stated that he always dubs his own voice while speaking in English.
Mahkamov's response to criticism
In an interview with the Uzbek tabloid Bekajon, Mahkamov denied the accusations. However, he refused to comment on the contradictions in his claims. He stated that "Those rumors you're talking about are unfounded. I'm sorry, but when writing an article about somebody, shouldn't you be neutral instead of insulting them? The fans haven't insulted me or said negative words [about me]. This means people aren't following anyone. Most importantly, it is only the tree loaded with fruit that the people throw stones at. So, since people are throwing stones at me, I must be a tree with fruit."
|2010||Boʻrilar 3: Oxirgi qarz (Wolves 3: The Final Debt)||Member of the criminal investigation team|
|Baxt izlab (Seeking Happiness)||Prosecutor|
|Onaizor (Mother)||Director of the toy story|
|Oʻgʻrigina kelin (The Light-Fingered Bride)||Customer|
|2011||Erka kuyov (The Spoiled Bridegroom)||Prosecutor|
|Kelganda kelin 2 yoxud Anjancha muhabbat (The Alien Bride 2 or Love, Andijan Style)||Interpreter|
|Nafs (Nafs)||Boutique owner|
|Yuzma-yuz (Face to Face)||Head of the tender commission|
|2012||Akajonim xizmatingizdamiz (We're at Your Service, Sir)||Attorney|
|Bardosh (Patience)||Head of the engineering company|
|Jodugar (The Witch)||Attorney|
|Koreyalik kelin (The Korean Bride)||Judge|
|Mehribonim (Kind Person)||Investigator|
|Men yulduzman (I'm a Star)||Director|
|Oqpadar (The Disobedient Son)||Banker|
|Soddagina qiz (The Simple Girl)||Judge|
|Xazina (Treasure)||Member of the criminal investigation team|
|Yondiradi, kuydiradi (My Love, My Pain)||Bridegroom|
|Yoningdaman (I'm By Your Side)||Businessman|
|Oʻjar kelin (The Stubborn Bride)||Doctor|
|2013||Bir kunlik xoʻjayin (One-Day Boss)||Doctor|
|Farzandim 2 (My Child 2)||Director's assistant|
|Fotima (Fotima)||Restaurant owner|
|Gunoh (Sin)||Director's assistant|
|Jannatdagi boʻri bolasi (A Wolfcub in Heaven)||Archivist|
|Oktyabr yomgʻiri (October Rain)||Physics teacher|
|Parchalangan xayol (Shattered Thought)||Psychologist|
|Qora qanotli farishta (Black-Winged Angel)||Bankchi|
|Rashk (Jealousy)||Notary public's assistant|
|Turist (The Tourist)||Passer-By|
|Xazon (Fallen Leaves)||Uncle of the main character|
|Oʻlim farishtasi (Angel of Death)|
|2014||Koʻrgim keladi (I Want to See)||Investigator|
|Qora mushuk (Black Cat)|
|2015||Baxt ortidagi dard (Sorrow Behind Happiness)||Investigator|
|Onasining bolasi (Like Mother, Like Daughter)||Matchmaker|
|Qizalogʻim (My Daughter)||Lawyer|
|Sevgi, balki bu jannat 2 (Love, Maybe It's Paradise 2)|
|Yetti olam (The Seven Worlds)|
|Yuragim seniki (My Heart Belongs to You)|
|Rashk 2 (Jealousy 2)|
|2016||Balli, Kamoliddin! (Well Done, Kamoliddin!)|
|2012||"Meni kuchliroq sev"||Ozodbek Nazarbekov|
|"Jonim mening"||Otabek Mutalxoʻjayev|
|"Kel yorim"||Rashid Xoliqov|
|"Seni sevaman"||Ulugʻbek Qodirov|
|2013||"Bevafo yor"||Botir Yaminov|
|"Rolling in the Deep"||Shirin|
- Rahmonova, Nigora (June 27, 2013). "Otabek Mahkamov: „Har bir inson – ulugʻ ustoz"" [Otabek Mahkamov: "Every person is a great teacher"]. Vodiy gavhari (in Uzbek): 28–31.
- Nabiyeva, Maʼpura (August 9, 2012). "Otabek Mahkamov: „Ulgurmoq bu muvaffaqiyatdir..."" [Otabek Mahkamov: Managing is succeeding...]. Afrosiyob (in Uzbek). Samarkand.
- Ustimenko, Gulnora (February 22, 2012). "Otabek Mahkamov: „Kinoga huquqshunos sifatida kelganman"" [Otabek Mahkamov: "I didn't start my career in the film industry as a lawyer"]. Humo (in Uzbek). pp. 6–7.
- Maxfura (August 13, 2013). "Muxlis tanqidi: Kibr-havoga berilgan qahramonlar ijrochisi hayotda ham shundaymi?" [Fan criticism: Are whose who portray arrogant people also arrogant in real life?]. Muloqot (in Uzbek). Tashkent. pp. 8–9.
- "Cлужение другим - неотъемлемая потребность человека" [Serving others is an essential need of humans]. The Red Crescent (in Russian). Archived from the original on March 17, 2014. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- Laylo (October 11, 2012). "Otabek Mahkamov: „Huquqshunosga berilgan eng ogʻir jazo..."" [Otabek Mahkamov: "The most severe punishment for a lawyer..."]. Diyor (in Uzbek). Tashkent. pp. 34–35.
- Oripova, Feruza (May 10, 2012). "Otabek Mahkamov: „Haqiqat yuzini pardalab boʻlmaydi"" [Otabek Mahkamov: "You can't hide the truth"]. Diydor (in Uzbek). Tashkent. p. 5.
- Tojiboyeva, Nafosatxon (December 20, 2012). "Omad — ulgurishda" [Luck is finishing in time]. Sado (in Uzbek). Tashkent. p. 4.
- Aliyev, Temur (May 5, 2013). "Встреча для Вас" [A meeting for you]. Novyi vek (in Russian). Archived from the original on March 7, 2016. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- Ustimenko, Gulnara (October 24, 2011). "Отабек Махкамов: «Никто тебе не друг, никто тебе не враг, но каждый человек тебе великий учитель»" [Otabek Mahkamov: "Nobody is your friend, nobody is your enemy, but every person is a great teacher for you"]. Semya (in Russian). Tashkent. p. 8.
- Alisher qizi, Nigora (October 1, 2013). "Otabek Mahkamov: „Yigit yetti qirrali boʻlsin yoki..."" [Otabek Mahkamov: "A man needs to be multifaceted or..."]. Doktor Press (in Uzbek). p. 9.
- Nodira; Sevdora (May 3, 2012). "Otabek Mahkamov: „Yaxshi yurist yaxshi aktyor boʻla olishi kerak"" [Otabek Mahkamov: "A good lawyer must be a good actor"]. Parvona (in Uzbek). Tashkent. pp. 8–9.
- Mahkamov, Otabek (2013). "Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa: „Biz baribir osiyoliklarmiz"" [Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa: "After all, we're Asians"]. Vodiy gavhari (in Uzbek): 24–25.
- Mahkamov, Otabek (January 2014). "Frédéric Diefenthal: „Men uchun muhimi – ritm"" [Frédéric Diefenthal: "For me, the most important thing is rhythm"]. Popcorn (in Uzbek). 1: 16–17.
- Mahkamov, Otabek (February 2014). "Armand Assante: „5 yildan keyin filmlarni iPhone orqali suratga olishadi"" [Armand Assante: "In five years, people will be making movies using their iPhones]. Popcorn (in Uzbek). 2: 18–19.
- Mahkamov, Otabek (February 20, 2012). "Ennio Morricone: „Sharq musiqasi — tilsim"" [Ennio Morricone: "Eastern music is magic"]. Sado (in Uzbek). p. 17.
- Mahkamov, Otabek (March 2014). "Mithun Chakraborty: „Oʻgʻlimning raqsi menikidan ustunroq"" [Mithun Chakraborty: "My son dances better than me"]. Popcorn (in Uzbek). 3: 18–19.
- Karimova, Dono (November 2010). "Macaulay Culkinning huquqshunosi" [Macaulay Culkin's lawyer]. Kelajak ovozi (in Uzbek). Tashkent. p. 4.
- Atayev, Nodir (January 2015). Davron Hotam, ed. "Otabek Mahkamov: „Haqiqat yuzini pardalab boʻlmaydi!"" [Otabek Mahkamov: "You can't hide the truth"]. Ijodkor (in Uzbek). Archived from the original on 16 June 2015. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Laylo (October 11, 2012). "Otabek Mahkamov: „Huquqshunosga berilgan eng ogʻir jazo..."" [Otabek Mahkamov: "The most severe punishment for a lawyer..."]. Diyor (in Uzbek). Tashkent.
- Nabiyeva, Maʼpura (May 17, 2012). "Otabek Mahkamov: „Ulgurmoq bu muvaffaqiyatdir..."" [Otabek Mahkamov: "Managing is succeeding..."]. Tasvir (in Uzbek). Tashkent. p. 18.
- Karali, Elizaveta (Director) (2011). Yondiradi, kuydiradi [My Love, My Pain] (DVD) (in Uzbek and English). Tashkent: Sharq Sinema. Event occurs at 1:19:20.
- Aʼzamov, Dilmurod and Dilbar Yusupova (Directors) (2011). Kelgindi kelin 2 yoxud anjancha muhabbat [The Alien Bride 2 or Love, Andijan Style] (DVD) (in Uzbek and English). Tashkent: Davr Premer. Event occurs at 00:19:30.
- Pardayeva, Husniya (20 April 2015). "Otabek Mahkamov sanʼatda paydo boʻlishi, judolikdan keyingi hayot va soʻnggi mish-mishlar haqida" [Otabek Mahkamov about his career, life after separation, and the latest rumors]. Bekajon (in Uzbek). Archived from the original on 2 May 2015. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Otabek Mahkamov.|