Out of Order (video game)
|Out of Order|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux|
The game's protagonist is Hurford Schlitzting, who is woken in the night by a thunderstorm. Hurford discovers that he, along with his entire bedroom, have been transported to a place called "The Town," set in an alternate future inhabited by aliens. He navigates the environment in his bathrobe and teddy bear slippers in an attempt to resolve the mystery of why he has been kidnapped.
The game was developed by Tim Furnish of Hungry Software and released in 2003. Originally intended to be a commercially released title, the game's developer decided at the last minute to release the game for free in order to showcase his video game engine called SLUDGE.
Out of Order received favorable reviews. Adventure Gamers wrote that the game possessed "very detailed and appealing graphics, an excellent original soundtrack, consistently humorous dialogue, very substantial length, and one of the most amusingly bizarre stories we've seen in a long time."
- Out of Order - Ubuntu Apps Directory
- LaVigne, Chris (10 March 2004). "Out of Order". PopMatters. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Out of Order [PC]". GRYOnline.pl. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Dickens, Evan (26 February 2004). "Underground Awards feature: Out of Order". Adventure Gamers. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Furnish, Tim. "Out of Order retrospective". Adventure Developers. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Amateur Adeventure Primer". Adventure Gamers. 31 January 2003. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Furnish, Tim. "Game Description". Hungry Software. Archived from the original on September 23, 2001. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- opensludge on github.com
- Out of order by Ptitseb on pyra-handheld.com (2015)
- Freese, Bob (7 April 2003). "Out of Order review". Just Adventure. Archived from the original on October 12, 2011. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Official homepage (archived)
|This adventure game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|