Out of Time (Stone Temple Pilots song)
|"Out of Time"|
|Single by Stone Temple Pilots|
|from the album High Rise|
|Released||May 19, 2013|
|Length||3:04 (Album Version)
3:10 (Single Version)
|Label||Play Pen, LLC|
|Writer(s)||Chester Bennington, Dean DeLeo, Eric Kretz, Robert DeLeo|
|Producer(s)||Stone Temple Pilots|
|Stone Temple Pilots singles chronology|
"Out of Time" is a song by American hard rock band Stone Temple Pilots, released as a free download on May 19, 2013 via the band's official website. It is the band's first single not to feature Scott Weiland, and their very first song to feature Linkin Park and Dead by Sunrise lead singer Chester Bennington. It is the first single, and the introductory track, from the band's new debut EP, High Rise, which was released on October 8, 2013 through Play Pen, LLC.
The song was named the official theme song to WWE Hell in a Cell. After this track was released, their second and current single "Black Heart" was launched online on September 17, 2013 through iHeart Radio and digital download. The second track is also featured on High Rise.
On May 18, 2013, the three remaining members of Stone Temple Pilots performed together for the first time since firing Scott Weiland on February 27, 2013, appearing as special guests at the 21st Annual KROQ Weenie Roast benefiting Heal the Bay. The band was also announced as a surprise guest for the May 19, 2013 Live 105 BFD festival near San Francisco. At the KROQ Weenie Roast live performance, Bennington surprisingly took the stage with the band, performing original Stone Temple Pilots songs as well as a new song, "Out of Time," which was also released that same day as a free download. It was later announced by Bennington and the band in an exclusive KROQ interview that he was officially the new frontman of Stone Temple Pilots and that they were planning a new album and tour.
The new single was recorded and released via Stone Temple Pilots's official website on May 19, 2013 when Weiland was fired from the band. The updated website shows promotional pictures of Bennington and its remaining members of the band, implying that he will be recording and touring with the band in the near future. The band also made a surprise performance with Bennington as they performed the new song at 21st Annual KROQ Weenie Roast, benefiting Heal the Bay. The single was also released on iHeart Radio later on.
The band was also announced that a new guest would be performing with Stone Temple Pilots at the Live 105 BFD Festival near San Francisco, California on May 19. On the same day, the band released the song via their official website with new updates and promotional photos of the remaining members of the band and Bennington as the band's new lead vocalist, since the firing of Scott Weiland.
|1.||"Out of Time"||Chester Bennington, Dean DeLeo, Eric Kretz, Robert DeLeo||Stone Temple Pilots||3:10|
- Chester Bennington – lead vocals
- Dean DeLeo – guitars
- Robert DeLeo – bass, backing vocals
- Eric Kretz – drums
- Childers, Chad (May 19, 2013). "LINKIN PARK'S CHESTER BENNINGTON FRONTS NEW STONE TEMPLE PILOTS SONG 'OUT OF TIME'". Loudwire. Retrieved May 26, 2013.
- Stone Temple Pilots - Black Heart iHeart Radio Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- Noir, Nadia (May 19, 2013). "Stone Temple Pilots With Chester Bennington Playing BFD 2013, Debut Single 'Out of Time'". CBS Inc. Retrieved May 18, 2013.
- Stone Temple Pilots - Out of Time [with Chester Bennington] iHeart Radio Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- "Rock Airplay". Billboard. August 24, 2013. Retrieved December 21, 2014. (subscription required (. ))
- "Fitz & the Tantrums – Chart history" Billboard Alternative Songs for Fitz & the Tantrums. Retrieved February 23, 2013.
- "Fitz & the Tantrums – Chart history" Billboard Mainstream Rock Songs for Fitz & the Tantrums. Retrieved February 23, 2013.
- "Rock Airplay Songs: Year End 2013". Billboard. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- "Mainstream Rock Songs: 2013 (Year-End)". Billboard. Retrieved December 21, 2014. (subscription required (. ))