Pupils and teachers of Oxenfoord Castle School outside the school building in 1963
Oxenfoord Castle School was a girls' private boarding school, based at Oxenfoord Castle, Pathhead, Midlothian, near Edinburgh in Scotland.
Oxenfoord Castle School building and some students in 1964
The school was founded in 1931 and closed in 1993. It was founded by Lady Marjorie Dalrymple, sister of John Dalrymple, 11th Earl of Stair.
- ^ a b "Oxenfoord Castle: Listed Building Report". Historic Scotland. 2014. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- ^ (2014) Oxenfoord Castle Gazetteer for Scotland, Retrieved 22 October 2014
- ^ Martine, Roddy (April 2012) Oxenfoord Castle - A Fine Ancestral Home Scotland Magazine, Issue 62, Retrieved 15 October 2014
- ^ Davison, Phil (15 December 2011) Obituary: Vicountess Whitelaw of Penrith, former ATS volunteer who, as wife of Tory MP, devoted herself to charity campaigns The Scotsman, Retrieved 22 October 2014
- ^ Ventura, Steven (2002) Sex & Chopping Daily Record, Retrieved 22 October 2014
- ^ Dalyell, Tam (12 March 2005) Baroness Strange, Lords 'original' who championed war widows The Independent, Retrieved 22 October 2014