Early life and education
Sakari studied folk music at the Sibelius Academy in Helsinki. He studied organ playing in Paris with the organists Vincent Warnier (repertoire) and Thierry Escaich (improvisation). Sakari performed his first concert at age 13.
Sakari began performing internationally in his teens. His first CD, Première, was published in 2010, when he was 18-year-old. He recorded an album with the Turku Philharmonic Orchestra (2011), conducted by his father Petri Sakari.
Sakari signed a record deal with the international label BIS (Sweden). His first album for BIS, French Organ Music, was recorded in Saint-Étienne-du-Mont, Paris, was released in 2014, and includes French romantic music by composers such as Vierne, Franck and Duruflé. The CD was well received by critics in the media; it earned five stars by the French music magazine Diapason. and full points in a review by the German music magazine Klassik Heute. With this cd Pétur Sakari was the first Nordic organist to record in Paris.
Pétur Sakari has been selected as Young organist of the Year at several organ festivals in Finland. He performs in Finland and in a number of countries abroad, including Iceland, France and the United States. He has played solo concerts as well as with several orchestras, and has accompanied soloists, bands, dancers, silent films and choirs.
- "Musikrecension: Ny orgelmusik med ung entusiasm". Hufvudstadsbladet, Anna Pulkkis Publicerad: 11.11.2015
- "Kalevi Kiviniemi ja Pétur Sakari esittivät ylellistä urkujensoittoa". HS, Kulttuuri 21 May 2015 Veijo Murtomäki
- "The Great Organ of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont, Paris". Gramophone Review. Marc Rochester.
- "Kirkkourut soittavat elämän taitekohtien soundtrackia – ja paljon muuta". YLE, 09.25.2016
- "Urkuri Pétur Sakarin toinen levy on täysosuma". Helsingen Sanomat,
- "French Organ Music". MusicWeb. Brian Reinhart
- Københavns Biblioteker (Copenhagen Library). "French organ music"
- Klassik Heute http://www.klassik-heute.com/4daction/www_medien_einzeln?id=21077
- "Sakari soitti lainauruilla". SeutuMajakka, Nov 8, 2017
- Matti Mattila (31 December 2014). Alla eteläisen taivaan. Annorlunda Mediatuotanto Oy. pp. 303–. ISBN 978-952-68089-3-2.
- "Jorma Hynnisellä joulukonsertti Porvoon tuomiokirkossa – mukana tyttären sävellyksiä isänsä teksteihin". Uusimaa, Dec. 2, 2017