This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Colombo Sri Lanka|
1 August 2007|
Nalanda College Colombo|
University of Ceylon
McMaster University Canada
McGill University Canada
Early childhood & education
After being educated at Nalanda College, Colombo Amarasinghe entered University of Ceylon and graduated with an Economics Degree with Honours. Later on obtained MSc in Economics from McMaster University in Canada. He is also a fellow of McGill University Canada Centre for Developing Area Studies, Fellow of Institute of Bankers Sri Lanka.
After graduation Amerasinghe joined Central Bank of Sri Lanka as an Economist. During his tenure, he had serverved as Senior Economist of Economic Research, Director Data Processing Superintendent of Public Debt, Controller of Exchange and an Executive Director.
P. Amarasinghe has also served as Chairman of the Institute of Bankers and the Credit Information Bureau of Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka woos Japanese investors
- IBSL certificates and awards for 675 candidates
- Amarasinghe appointed Peoples Bank Chairman
- Top Treasury consultants lose jobs
- New heads named
- Announcement of the death of Mr. P. Amarasinghe Former Deputy Governor
- New People's Bank Chairman
- United Nations Conference of Trade Development