Peach singing at a performance in 2015
|Birth name||Patricia Elaine Reasoner|
|Also known as||Peach Reasoner|
|Born||June 1, 1951|
Anderson, Indiana, U.S.
|Labels||Blues Rock Records|
Peach was born and raised in Anderson, Indiana. She grew up listening to the music of Ella Fitzgerald, Aretha Franklin, Billie Holiday, and Bessie Smith. At age 6 she started singing in her church choir, and at age 11 got her first electric guitar
She attended the University of Denver music school (1969-1973) where she was the featured vocalist for the university's jazz band. As a voice major, she was accompanied by Condoleezza Rice, former national security advisor and secretary of state in the George W. Bush administration.
After college, Peach moved to San Francisco and played with funk and jazz musicians Smith Dobson, Russell Ferrante (Yellowjackets), Davis Ramey (George Shearing), and Jim Nichols (Robben Ford). She later toured Japan as a solo jazz musician, then returned to the U.S. and played with Jim Messina of Loggins and Messina.
Peach moved to Los Angeles and began recording under her own Blues Rock Records label. Her first release in 2001, The Cure for You, is an album featuring five of her own songs. The album and her live performances led to her being awarded the L.A. Music Awards Blues Artist of the Year 2001.
In 2002, Peach followed up with the album, Live From Riverside, a 7-track album recorded live in Riverside, California during 'Concerts at the Courthouse' with special guest Joey Delgado (Delgado Brothers). The album and her live performances resulted in her winning two 2002 L.A. Music Awards: the Award of Excellence and Most Successful Independent Distribution.
Peach continued performing and recording, releasing The Real Thing in 2004, a 13-track album featuring a title song duet with blues legend Taj Mahal and with James Gadson on drums throughout. As with her other releases, the album gained award recognition, this time as L.A. Music Awards Independent Blues Album of the Year (2004).
Her performances and popularity grew, yielding several awards over the next few years: South Bay Music Awards Artist of the Year (2006), Rockwired Best Female Artist (2007), and All-Access Best Blues Group / Artist (2007).
In 2009, Peach co-wrote a song with Keb' Mo' titled It Meant Nothing. The song is yet to be released as an official audio recording, however, Peach does perform it and video recordings of live performances exist online.
Peach took to theater in 2011, performing as producer (Reasoner Productions) for the acclaimed show Hoboken to Hollywood. Her production was awarded the 32nd annual L.A. Weekly Theater Awards - Musical of the Year 2011.
In addition to her own work, PEACH has recorded with other artists including, Marty Grebb (The Buckinghams), Reggie McBride (Elton John), Garth Hudson (The Band) and Paul Barrere (Little Feat).
In 2015, Peach traveled to Copenhagen, Denmark and began performing there. She toured with The Almost Blues Band [Helge Solberg (DNK), Michael Engman Rønnow (DNK), Niclas Campagnol (DNK), Ken Stange (USA)] in October 2015, and returned in February 2016 and June 2016 for more concerts with the band. A live recording was made of their February 2016 Café Bartof performances and it was subsequently released as an 8-track audio cd, A Night in Copenhagen, August 9, 2016.
Peach is a notable user of guitars made by Asher Guitars (Bill Asher) (T-Deluxe tele-style guitar with Curtis Novak pickups, ResoSonic Rambler (Electric Dobro) with Rambler Hubcap resonator), pedals made by Bill Finnegan of Klon Centaur, and vintage Fender Super Reverb amp.
- The Cure for You, 2001
- Live From Riverside, 2002
- The Real Thing, 2004
- Merry Christmas Baby, 2006 (released DEC 2016)
- A Night in Copenhagen, 2016 (released 09 AUG 2016)
- L.A. Music Awards Blues Artist of the Year
L.A. Music Awards: Award of Excellence
- L.A. Music Awards: Most Successful Independent Distribution.
- L.A. Music Awards: Independent Blues Album of the Year - The Real Thing / Blues Rock Records
- South Bay Music Awards: Artist of the Year
- Rockwired Magazine: Best Female Artist
- All-Access Music Awards: Best Blues Group / Artist
- 32nd annual L.A. Weekly Theater Awards - Musical of the Year - Hoboken to Hollywood / Peach Reasoner / Reasoner Productions
- Doc's Blues Awards: Best Live Album - A Night in Copenhagen
- L.A. Music Critic Award: Best Live Album - A Night in Copenhagen
- Rockwired Magazine: Best Female Artist
Peach was married from 1986-2009. She has one daughter, Gina Michelle Segall (b. 1994), who sang the lead track in the movie, “The Ring” (2002), and who occasionally sings duets with her mom on tour.
Peach has one sister, Lois Jean Manis, who lives in their home state of Indiana.
Peach studied Judaism at the University of Judaism and officially converted in June 1997.
Peach's hobbies include studying languages: Japanese, Latin, French, Danish, Spanish.
- "Peach to make first Northwest appearance at Untapped Blues Festival on May 10". tri-cityherald. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "New Artists For February-March, 2002 - Guitar Nine". www.guitar9.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Peach - Blues Singer and Guitarist". www.musicoutfitters.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "UNLV Libraries Digital Collections: Rebel Yell, 2006-12-07, page 14". digital.library.unlv.edu. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Lively Arts - Blues & Jazz - CD Reviews - October 2001". lively-arts.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Al Bowman and LAMA History | 25th LAMA". www.25lama.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Peach". LA Music Awards. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "James Gadson | Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Panelist Info Page - The Academy for New Musical Theatre". www.anmt.org. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Looking in on: Entertainment". LasVegasSun.com. 2006-12-06. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Peach - bio". www.chrisbellblues.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Rockwired.com's Jazzed and Blue Presents an Exclusive Interview with L.A. - Based Blues Artist Peach Regarding Her Return to the Music Scene After a Lengthy Hiatus". www.rockwired.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- http://grayspacedesign.com, Rob Dominguez :: Gray Space Design ::. "2007 All Access, South Bay Music Awards :: All Access Magazine :: It's All About The Music". allaccessmagazine.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- ""Hoboken to Hollywood" Interview with Producer Peach Reasoner | Edgemar Center for the Arts - Acting Classes in LA". www.edgemarcenter.org. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Music to Their Ears — The ANMT Sequel ‹ @ This Stage". thisstage.la. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Luca Ellis Croons from 'Hoboken to Hollywood' [Review] - Daily Ovation". Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- Morris, Steven Leigh (2011-02-17). "The 32nd annual L.A. Weekly Theater Awards Nominees". L.A. Weekly. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- Morris, Steven Leigh (2011-04-07). "The 32nd annual L.A. Weekly Theater Awards". L.A. Weekly. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- Adamek, Pauline (April 5, 2011). "Winners of the LA Weekly Theatre Awards, 2011". Arts Beat LA. Retrieved June 6, 2016.
- "Blues Artist Peach, All-Star Band Coming H.O.M.E. Wednesday". BH Courier. 2013-06-24. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Peach: Real Blues Festival of O.C. 4". Blues-E-News. Volume 2, Issue 4. September 2013. Retrieved June 6, 2016.
- "Blues Musician Peach Finding Her Musical Nirvana in Denmark". Music News Nashville. 2016-01-04. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Nordsjælland". Denmark. October 13–14, 2015. p. 14.
- "Client List – Asher Guitars & Lap Steels Store". Asher Guitars.
- "Gina Segall - IMDb".