Peach (social network)
|Operating system||iOS, Android|
|Platform||social networking mobile application|
Peach is a mobile application-based social network created by Dom Hoffman. Peach is available as an Android and iOS application. Hoffman is a co-founder of Vine. It was introduced at the January 2016 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Peach has "magic words," which were compared to Slack's similar slash shortcuts. These allow the user to access commonly used functions such as typing the letter "g" to send a GIF or "c" to bring up a calendar, similar to a command line interface.
Peach eschews the traditional news feed, hashtagging, and tagging common to social networks. The editor-in-chief of The Next Web described Peach as a hybrid of Twitter and Slack, while noting that some users of the social network were creating fake celebrity accounts. Bloomberg Business noted that when it was introduced, "[e]verything about Peach... seemed hip, down to the URL", but that by the end of the month it appeared that "interest in Peach softened".
- Laforge, Patrick (2016-01-11). "Peach App for the iPhone Stakes a Social Media Claim". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- Kyle Chayka (10 February 2016). "Peach Is a Great New App You Definitely Don't Need". Bloomberg.com.
- Ward-Bailey, Jeff (2016-01-14). "Peach – a plucky, pared down social network – ditches news feeds and hashtags". Christian Science Monitor. ISSN 0882-7729. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- Hern, Alex (2016-01-11). "What is Peach? The new social network app taking the tech world by storm". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- Feldman, Brian (2016-01-11). "How Peach's Most Interesting Feature, the Hybrid Command Line, Is Becoming Mainstream Again". Following: How We Live Online. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- Hussey, Matthew (2016-01-09). "New social network Peach is being taken over by people using fake celebrity names". The Next Web. The Next Web. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
|This mobile software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|