|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (January 2016)|
|Founded||1969 by Artur Schwörer (died 2009)|
Dr. Fabian Kracht
|Products||Formwork, Scaffolding, Engineering|
|Revenue||€ 1,300 million (2015)|
Number of employees
With a turnover of EUR 1,333 million in 2016, PERI is today one of the world's largest manufacturers and suppliers of formwork and scaffolding systems. Central functions, development and production facilities are located in Weissenhorn,Germany since the founding of the company in 1969. Through its 8,100 employees, over 60 subsidiaries and 120 storage sites, PERI sells system equipment and services related to formwork and scaffolding technology.
PERI was founded in 1969 in Weißenhorn, Germany, by Artur Schwörer (died 2009). The company's name is taken from the Greek preposition "peri" (English: around). The first product was the T 70 V wooden lattice girder belt which had a patented node connection. This was replaced by the GT 24 girder in 1984. The ACS (Automatic Climbing System) was PERI's development of a self-climbing technology system. This technology enables the casting of tall buildings with minimal crane use. At the beginning of the 1980s, PERI was at the forefront of using aluminum in the construction business.
In 2008, Artur Schwörer was awarded the Bavarian Order of Merit for his lifes´s work.
The PERI product range can be divided into five areas:
The manufactured products in the formwork area include wall formwork, column formwork, slab formwork, climbing systems, stage systems, self-climbing formwork, shoring, props, formwork panels, brace frames for single-sided concreting and anchor systems.
Worldwide more than 850 PERI engineers work on individual formwork and scaffolding solutions. The focus is on the analysis and optimization of integrated processes.
PERI offers coated and uncoated formwork panels. PERI holds plywood ready for applications in paving industry, vehicle construction, precast concrete plants, timber construction and packing industry.
In addition, PERI offers other products and services: Formwork and scaffolding rental, cleaning and repair of formwork systems, formwork installation, training in the PERI training center, instruction on the job-site and own planning software.
Projects that PERI is or was involved in:
- Doha Metro, Katar – Subway station in the heart of Doha.
- Hotel Le Royal, Luxembourg - The 5 star Hotel Le Royal in the centre of Luxembourg underwent extensive renovation work in 2015.
- Humboldt Forum, Germany - For the reconstruction of Berlin´s City Palace, PERI supplied cost-effective formwork and scaffolding solutions from one source.
- International Towers Sydney, Australia - The ITS high-rise complex consists of three towers and 320,000 m² gross floor area with 39 to 49 storeys on a 3-storey base construction and rises up to a height of 217 m.
- Warsaw Spire, Warsaw, Poland - the tallest building in Poland
- Al Hamra Tower, Kuwait-City - the Al Hamra Tower stood out through its timeless elegance which was achieved by turning the external facade by 130 degrees
- Panama Canal, Panama - PERI systems in use for the construction project of the century
- Hong Kong–Zhuhai–Macau Bridge, China - Production of 33 tunnel elements for the longest underwater tunnel in the world
- Absolute World, Canada - Two high-rise buildings which are 153 m and 178 m high
- Atatürk Olympic Stadium, İstanbul
- Cuatro Torres Highrise, Madrid, Spain – PERI ACS self-climbing formwork for highest skyscrapers in Spain
- Trump International Hotel and Tower (Chicago), USA
- Trump Towers Istanbul, İstanbul
- Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, Charleston, USA - Two 175 m high piers at a distance of 472 m from each other
- Parts of the new Glasgow Harbour
- Trump World Tower, New York, USA - With a height of 258 m and its luxurious furnishings, the Trump World Tower completely re-defined the New York skyline
- 7 World Trade Center, New York, USA
- Casa da Música, Porto, Portugal
- Øresund link, Denmark – forming machine for monolithic tunnel
- City Tunnel, Malmö, Sweden, Construction of 10-day cycles
- Millau Viaduct, France – the longest cable-stayed bridge in the world with the highest piers (length of 2,460 m; piers height of 343 m)
- Tour Granite, Paris, France (183 m)
- 21st Century Tower, Dubai, UAE – core, slabs and facade in a 3-day cycle
- Tunnel Palm Jumeirah Island, Dubai, UAE – vehicular tunnel
- Marmaray, İstanbul
- Mercedes-Benz Museum, Stuttgart, Germany – 3D formwork units with the highest demands
- Bhumibol Bridge, Bangkok, Thailand – 4 bridge pylons rise 173 m into the sky
- Istanbul Sapphire, İstanbul
- Turning Torso, Malmö, Sweden – twisted highrise building designed by the Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava
- Torre Agbar, Barcelona, Spain – 142 m highrise building
- Msheireb Metro Station. PERI Group website. accessdate=2016-08-30.
- Hotel Le Royal. PERI Group website. accessdate=2016-01-11.
- Humboldt Forum. PERI Group website. accessdate=2016-01-11.
- International Towers Sydney (ITS). PERI Group website. accessdate=2015-08-04.
- Al Hamra Tower, Kuwait. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-08-19.
- "Lock facilities, Panama Canal, Panama - Projects". PERI. 2013-09-17. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
- "Hong Kong–Zhuhai–Macau Bridge - Projects". PERI. 2014-09-10. Retrieved 2014-09-10.
- Absolute World, Canada. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-09-15.
- "PERI Kalıp ve İskeleleri Türkiye, Örnek Projeler - ATATÜRK OLİMPİYAT STADYUMU". Peri.com.tr. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
- Cuatro Torres Business Area, Spain. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-08-19.
- "PERI Kalıp ve İskeleleri Türkiye, Örnek Projeler - Mecidiyeköy Transfer Merkezi". Peri.com.tr. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
- Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, USA. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-08-19.
- Trump World Tower III, USA. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-08-19.
- Øresund Link, Denmark. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-08-19.
- Citytunnel, Sweden. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-08-19.
- Viaduc de Millau, France. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-08-19.
- 21st Century Tower, Dubai. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-08-19.
- Tunnel Jumeirah Palm Island, Dubai. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-08-19.
- "PERI Kalıp ve İskeleleri Türkiye, Örnek Projeler - GAMA NUROL MARMARAY PROJESİ". Peri.com.tr. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
- Mercedes-Benz Museum, Germany. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-08-19.
- Bhumibol Bridge, Thailand. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-09-15.
- "PERI Kalıp ve İskeleleri Türkiye, Örnek Projeler - Sapphire İstanbul". Peri.com.tr. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
- Turning Torso, Sweden. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-08-19.
- Torre Agbar, Spain. PERI Group website. accessdate=2014-08-19.