Pa Saikou Kujabi
|Full name||Pa Saikou Kujabi|
|Date of birth||10 December 1986|
|Place of birth||Serrekunda, The Gambia|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Playing position||Left Back|
|Soham Town Rangers|
|2016–||Soham Town Rangers|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:03, 19 May 2013 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15 September 2012
Pa Saikou Kujabi (born 10 December 1986 in Serrekunda), is a Gambian footballer who currently plays as a left back for the Soham Town Rangers on the eight level of English football. Kujabi has previously played professionally for Grazer AK, SV Ried, FSV Frankfurt, Hibernian and Whitehawk.
On 15 June 2009, he transferred from SV Ried to FSV Frankfurt and signed a one-year contract with an option for another year. In January 2012 he went on trial at SPL side Hibernian and on 31 January 2012 it was announced he had signed an 18-month contract with the club. Kujabi made his first appearance for Hibernian in a 1–0 victory against Kilmarnock on 4 February. He was sent off in the 2012 Scottish Cup Final defeat against Hearts, effectively ending the match as a contest. Billy Dodds commented that Kujabi lacked physical presence and had poor defensive skills. Kujabi only made one appearance for Hibernian in the 2012–13 season, a 2–0 defeat by Queen of the South in the Scottish League Cup. He was made available for transfer in January 2013 and left the club at the end of his contract.
Following his departure from Edinburgh, Kujabi had unsuccessful trials with Portsmouth, Queens Park Rangers and West Ham United. During his trial at QPR he scored the winning goal in a 1-0 win over Harrow Borough. Afterwards, the Gambian joined Whitehawk for one season where he gained a starting spot.
- Pa Saikou Kujabi at National-Football-Teams.com
- "Pa Saikou Kujabi". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Kujabi Joins Hibernian". hibernianfc.co.uk. Hibernian F.C. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "Hibernian sign 'Gambian Roberto Carlos' Pa Saikou Kujabi". BBC Sport. BBC. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- Hardie, David (4 February 2012). "Hibernian 1 - 0 Kilmarnock: Hibs survive late onslaught to progress to quarter-finals". Edinburgh Evening News. Johnston Press. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- Dodds, Billy (20 May 2012). "Kujabi a part of derby folklore". Sunday Herald. Herald & Times Group. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Hibs confirm Pa Kujabi and Danny Galbraith are free to find new clubs". STV Sport. STV. 18 January 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Tottenham target nets for QPR in friendly". kilburntimes.co.uk. 18 July 2011. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- Pa Saikou Kujabi at Soccerbase
- "Pa Saikou Kujabi". www.fitbastats.com. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
|This biographical article related to Gambian association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|