Pafawag (Państwowa Fabryka Wagonów) (English: National Rail Carriage Factory) is a Polish locomotive manufacturer based in Wrocław. The company became part of Adtranz in 1997 as Adtranz Pafawag, and in 2001 part of Bombardier Transportation. It is now part of the company Bombardier Transportation Polska
In the late 1980s to mid 1990s the factory experience increasing economic problems due to lack of orders causing loss of production and lower employment.
In 1997 ABB DaimlerBenz Transportation (ADtranz) acquired a majority share in the company. The Adtranz group (after 1999 named DaimlerChrysler Rail Systems) was bought by Bombardier Transportation in 2001; the Wroclaw plant was merged with another Bombardier owned plant based in Łódź to form Bombardier Transportation Polska Sp. z o.o. The plant manufacturers the bodyshells of Bombardier locomotives as well as other sub-components for the Bombardier Transportation group.
In 2015 Bombardier contracted Panattoni Europe to construct an additional 18,357 square metres (197,590 sq ft) manufacturing hall, initially to be used for the construction of Deutsche Bahn's ICx trains.
The main products:
- running gear for locomotives.
PaFaWag also is the producer of first Polish modern "fast locomotive" EP09 .
- "Jubileusz symbolu" (in Polish).
- "Das Werkmuseum der Firma-Alstom-LHB in Salzgitter". www.bahnfotokiste.de (in German).
- *"DaimlerBenz Annual Report 1997" (PDF). cms.daimler.com. DaimlerBenz AG. p. 40. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-08.
- Piotr Sobolewski. "Pafawag dziś i jutro (from Świat Kolei, No.9 , 2001, p. 16-18". www.kolej.one.pl (in Polish).
- "Bombardier Transportation in Poland" (PDF). www.bombardier.com. Bombardier. Committed to Poland : Bombardier in Wroclaw and Lodz, pp.4-5. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-02-04.
- "The Bombardier Transportation Division Locomotives (LOC)" (PDF). February 2008. p. 3. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
- Piotr Sobolewski (September 2010). "Pafawag dziś i jutro" [Pafawag today and tomorrow]. Świat Kolei (in Polish). pp. 16–18. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
- "Bombardier to expand Wrocław factory", www.railwaygazette.com, 24 Sep 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bombardier Transportation Polska.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pafawag.|
- "Linke-Hofmann-Werke AG, czyli od pucybuta do milionera". wroclawzwyboru.blox.pl (in Polish).
- History of Linke-Hofmann-Werke (in German)
|This Polish rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|