Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Discipline||Paleoceanography, Earth science, oceanography|
|Edited by||Christopher D. Charles, Heiko Pälike|
American Geophysical Union (United States)
Paleoceanography accepts articles that reconstruct past conditions and processes recorded in sediments deposited in water. The main focus is on marine sediments, but also extends to sediments from freshwater environments. The past is reconstructed using sedimentology, geochemistry, paleontology, oceanography, geophysics, and modeling. Contributions are global and regional in scope and cover all ages, Precambrian to Quaternary, including modern analogs.
Abstracting and indexing
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2012 impact factor of 3.296, ranking it first out of 50 journals in the category "Paleontology", 21st among 170 journals in the category "Geosciences, Multidisciplinary", and 5th out of 60 journals in the category "Oceanography". As of January 2014, the three most highly cited articles are:
- Lisiecki, Lorraine E.; Raymo, Maureen E. (March 2005). "A Pliocene-Pleistocene stack of 57 globally distributed benthic δ O records". Paleoceanography. 20 (1): PA1003. Bibcode:2005PalOc..20.1003L. doi:10.1029/2004PA001071.
- Martin, John H. (February 1990). "Glacial-interglacial CO2 change: The Iron Hypothesis". Paleoceanography. 5 (1): 1–13. Bibcode:1990PalOc...5....1M. doi:10.1029/PA005i001p00001.
- Duplessy, J. C.; Shackleton, N. J.; Fairbanks, R. G.; Labeyrie, L.; Oppo, D.; Kallel, N. (June 1988). "Deepwater source variations during the last climatic cycle and their impact on the global deepwater circulation". Paleoceanography. 3 (3): 343–360. Bibcode:1988PalOc...3..343D. doi:10.1029/PA003i003p00343.
- "Ulrichsweb Global Serials Directory". Retrieved September 2011. Check date values in:
- "Editorial Board". Paleoceanography. American Geophysical Union. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Paleontology". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Geosciences, Multidisciplinary". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Oceanography". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- "Web of Science". Retrieved 8 January 2014.