|Website||Paper Rival's MySpace page|
Jake Rolleston - vocalist |
Patrick Damphier - guitarist, drums
Brent Coleman - guitarist
Cody McCall - bass guitarist
Paper Rival was an indie rock band formed in late 2005 from Nashville, Tennessee. Originally known as Keating, the band changed its name to Paper Rival in 2007 after a tour of Canada where the band was mistaken for a Canadian band who already possessed the name. In December 2007, Paper Rival was named Spin.com's "Artist of the Day". The band released its debut full-length album produced by Patrick Damphier, Dialog on May 20, 2008. The group cited artists Blind Lemon Jefferson, Merle Haggard and Bruce Cockburn (whose song "Pacing the Cage" was covered on their 2007 self-titled EP) as musical inspirations.
In a November 20, 2008 blog post on the band's MySpace page, the band announced that singer Jake Rolleston be returning to school to pursue further studies, thus signaling the band's breakup.
- Jake Rolleston: vocals, guitar
- Patrick Damphier: guitar, drums
- Brent Coleman: guitar
- Cody McCall: bass guitar
- Paper Rival (2007)
- Dialog (2008)
- Apar, Corey. "Paper Rival biography". allmusic.com. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- Currie, Ross (August 19, 2008). "Phillyist Interviews... Brent Coleman of Paper Rival". phillyist.com. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- Raper, Dan (10 January 2008). "Paper Rival: Paper Rival EP review". popmatters.com. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- Wynn, Ron (June 27, 2008). "4 Days in the City - Paper Rival". nashvillecitypaper.com. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- Currie, Ross (2008) "Breaking: A Phillyist Favorite, A Fond Farewell", phillyist.com, November 19, 2008. Retrieved March 15, 2013