Aarabi is a professor at University of Toronto and Canada Research Chair in Internet Video, Audio, and Image Search. He has a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University. He is the inventor of numerous patents and author of over 80 publications most of which focus on audio, image and video processing. His recent work has focused on new image processing techniques that detect faces and facial features, as well as new video search technologies for online video-sharing websites. He is the founder and CEO of ModiFace, a leading provider of Augmented Reality technology which was acquired in 2018 by L'Oreal. Aarabi has won several teaching and lecturing awards, including an international award from the IEEE. In 2005, he was named to the MIT Technology Review TR35 as one of the top 35 innovators in the world under the age of 35. He also received the 2007 Premier's Catalyst Award for Innovation (a $200,000 Ontario Government prize for young innovators). His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Discovery Channel, and Scientific American.
- The art of lecturing: a practical guide to successful university lectures and business presentations, Cambridge University Press (2007)
- Phase-based speech processing, (with three other authors) World Scientific (2006)
- "Artificial Perception Laboratory - People". University of Toronto. Retrieved 31 Oct 2011.
- "Chaiholders Profle". Canada Research Chairs. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "L'Oreal Acquires Major AR Company". Modiface. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "Professor Parham Aarabi profile". University of Toronto. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "2005 Young Innovators Under 35". Technology Review. 2005. Retrieved August 15, 2011.
- "Parham Aarabi : Sharpening a computers listening skills". Technology Review. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "PREMIER'S CATALYST AWARDS". Ministry of Research and Innovation. Government of Canada. Archived from the original on 15 June 2010. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- Janani, Shabnam Janet. "Top teacher". Canadian Immigrant. Archived from the original on 11 February 2009. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- Pentler, Amanda L. (11 August 2005). "Website reveals cosmetic surgery results with touch of a button". New York Daily News. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- Eisenberg, Anne (12 August 2004). "WHAT'S NEXT; Amid the Cacophony, a Quiet Conversation". New York Times. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- Aarabi, Parham (2007). The art of lecturing: a practical guide to successful university lectures and business presentations. Cambridge University Press. pp. 154–157. ISBN 978-0-521-70352-9.