From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up particle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A particle in the physical sciences is a small localized object to which can be ascribed physical properties.
Particle may also refer to:
- Colloidal particle, part of a one-phase system of two or more components where the particles aren't individually visible
- Particle, the solid or liquid particles in an aerosol
- Granular material
- Particulates, in the areas of atmospheric physics and air pollution
- Nanoparticle, an object between 1 and 100 nanometers that behaves as a whole unit
- Point particle, or point mass, an idealization of an object with finite mass but of zero size
- Self-propelled particles, a concept used in statistical physics to model swarms
- Subatomic particle:
- Suspended solids, in a liquid
- Grammatical particle, a function word
- Particle, a US HTML5 web app company in the List of mergers and acquisitions by Apple
- Particle (band), a 2000 jam band from Los Angeles, California
- Particle (ecology), in marine and freshwater ecology, a small object
- Particle (film), a 2012 Turkish film
- Particle system, in computer graphics, a technique to simulate certain fuzzy phenomena
- Particulate (disambiguation)
- Particle size (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "particle"
- All pages with a title containing particle
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Particle.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.