PartyPoker (stylized partypoker) is an online poker card room. Launched in 2001, the site is run by GVC Holdings. PartyPoker has had up to 80,000 players logged-in and was the largest online card room until 2006. It is currently[when?] the fifth largest online poker card room. The site is endorsed by Mike Sexton, the host of the World Poker Tour television show. The domain partypoker.com attracted at least 3.6 million visitors annually by 2008 according to a Compete.com study. Today, the site is available in 14 different languages and in addition to PartyPoker.com, PartyPoker also offers dedicated networks for French and Italian based players via PartyPoker.fr and PartyPoker.it, respectively.
PartyPoker offers a wide variety of different tournaments with different prize levels for single-table tournaments as well as multi-table tournaments. PartyPoker's Sit & Go tournaments run 24 hours a day and players can register for tournaments with entry fees starting at $1, and ranging in size from 2 to 50 players.
The games include Texas Hold 'em (No Limit and Fixed), Omaha and Omaha Hi-Lo, 7 Card Stud and 7 Card Stud Hi-Lo. The stakes can range from .01/.02 to 100/200. In 2012 PartyPoker removed its high-stakes cash games with the highest stakes at $10/$20.
Party Poker offered a Bad beat jackpot.
PartyPoker also offers FastForward cash game format. Every player is automatically re-seated to another random table immediately after they fold their hand or after the hand is over. This format is very popular by players and poker rooms. It is faster and offers a higher level of security as it is a lot more difficult for two or more players to participate in collusion.
The site offers a variety of tournaments, ranging from 10 to thousands of participants. Single-table and multi-table sit n' go tournaments are offered as well as scheduled tournaments.
PartyPoker hosts the PartyPoker Million. This tournament begins with online qualifiers, but the final stages are held at actual poker tables aboard a cruise ship. The winners of previous Party Poker Million events were Kathy Liebert, Howard Lederer, Erick Lindgren and Michael Gracz.
PartyPoker was the largest online card room until 2006 when it left the US market due to the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006. PokerStars has since claimed the title.
In 2014, PartyPoker plans on returning to the US market for real money players, but on March 1, 2017, it still does not accept US players except for the state of New Yersey.
PartyPoker hosts two televised events:
A cash game known as the PartyPoker The Big Game and the PartyPoker Premier League a tournament structure league.
- PartyPoker attracts almost 4m visitors online yearly
- "Poker playing cards Modiano Texas hold'em (Blue) marked cards". www.ourpokerworld.com. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- Matthew Pitt (2012-07-19). "PartyPoker Remove High Stakes Cash Games In Unprecedented Step". PokerNews Global. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- Rebecca McAdam (2012-07-20). "PartyPoker.com Disables High Stakes Cash Games". cardplayer.com. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- Dan Katz (2012-07-24). "PartyPoker Eliminates High Stakes Cash Games". pokernewsdaily.com. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- Casino-Arena.co.uk. "Party Poker 2017 - Review & Rating | Casino-Arena.co.uk". www.casinoarena.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "History of Party Poker Part of Partygaming". Gambling Sites. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- "US Party Poker to Return Soon". uspokersites.us. Retrieved 2014-12-22.