|Patrick J. Harkins|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 1st district
January 2, 2007
|Preceded by||Linda Bebko-Jones|
December 22, 1963 |
|Children||Matthew, Patrick, and Barbara|
|Alma mater||Mercyhurst College
Penn State Erie
Harkins grew up in Erie, attending Memorial High School. He attended vo-tech while in high school, earning an electronics certification. For 23 years, Harkins worked as a driver for UPS. He also became active in the local Teamsters Union and served as president of the Sacred Heart School Board. He also served as judge of elections in Erie County, Pennsylvania
Harkins was first elected in 2006. The district opened up when Rep. Linda Bebko-Jones retired following a challenge to the validity of her petition signatures. He won a three-way primary election over Democrats Michael Skrzypczak and Dennis Iaquinta and went on to defeat Republican Christine Pontoriero with 75% of the vote.
- "SESSION OF 2007 191ST OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY No. 1" (PDF). LEGISLATIVE JOURNAL. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 2007-01-02. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "Rep. Patrick Harkins Biography". Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus. 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- Guerriero, John (2008-02-29). "Dispute over petitions ended Bebko-Jones' career". Erie Times-News. Retrieved 2008-02-29.
- "2006 General Primary - Representative in the General Assembly". Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information. Pennsylvania Department of State. 2004. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "2006 General Election - Representative in the General Assembly". Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information. Pennsylvania Department of State. 2004. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus – Pat Harkins official caucus website
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives – Pat Harkins official PA House website
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives for the 1st District