Patrick Roche (athlete)
In the 100 metres, Roche won his first round heat with a time of 11.4 seconds to advance to the semifinals. He finished third in his semifinal race, not advancing to the final.
With a time of 22.8 seconds, Roche won his preliminary heat of the 200 metres. In that event, he had slightly better success in the semifinals but still lost to countryman George Hawkins. Hawkins edged out Roche for the win (and the right to advance to the final); both were timed at 22.6 seconds.
- "Patrick Roche". Sports Reference. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- "Olympians Who Were Killed or Missing in Action or Died as a Result of War". Sports Reference. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- Cook, Theodore Andrea (1908). The Fourth Olympiad, Being the Official Report. London: British Olympic Association.
- De Wael, Herman (2001). "Athletics 1908". Herman's Full Olympians. Retrieved 20 July 2006.
- Wudarski, Pawel (1999). "Wyniki Igrzysk Olimpijskich" (in Polish). Archived from the original on February 16, 2009. Retrieved 20 July 2006.
|This biographical article relating to British athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|