This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Its aim appeared to be to:
- Bring together pattern summaries from many authors.
- Provide a platform for discussion and further exploration of the interconnections between them.
- It was a Design Pattern metabase
- Several orthogonal dimensions of categories
- Automatic interlinking, through standard templates that embody its structural inferences
- Multiple contributing websites
In 2007 Pattern Share was taken offline. Reports indicate that the Patterns and Practices team at Microsoft felt that time was better spent integrating P&P principles into re-usable code libraries, as opposed to devoting resources to direct developer education.