|Occupation||Body language expert and author|
|Education||Florida State University|
|Alma mater||Auburn University|
|Notable works||SNAP Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language and Charisma|
Body language analysis
Wood has commented on the body language of celebrities and public figures to national and international media outlets, including Gary Condit, Tom Cruise, Penélope Cruz, Jennifer Lopez, Ben Affleck, Callista Flockhart, Harrison Ford, and Tiger Woods. Her analyses have appeared in the Huffington Post, USA Today, The New York Times, and People Magazine.
Wood is the author of books on communication including Snap: Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language and Charisma, published by New World Library in 2011 (ISBN 978-157731-939-9) and Success Signals: A Guide to Reading Body Language, published by Communication Dynamics in 2005.(ISBN 0964622866)
Public speaking and teaching
Wood is a body language researcher, speaker and author. She is a former University Instructor in Communication and taught courses such as; Nonverbal Communication, Public Speaking, Interpersonal Skills, Human Relations, Team Building and Group Dynamics, and later taught Continuing Education Courses on Body language and First Impressions, and Body Language and Deception Detection at Emory University. She earned a bachelor's degree in communication from Florida State University and a Master of Arts in speech communication from Auburn University. She has completed four years doctoral coursework at Florida State University in nonverbal communication and conducts research in nonverbal communication, first impressions, gender differences and deception detection.
- Kleinfeld, Alan (2011-06-02). "Body Language Expert Patti Wood Shares Her Tips". Event Planning. Cvent. Archived from the original on 2012-04-24. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- Gay, Mara (2011-03-03). "Experts Examine Charlie Sheen's Body Language; Is He Lying?". AOL News. Archived from the original on 2011-09-17.
- Carlson, Peter (2004-06-15). "Patti Wood and the Posture Phenomenon". The Washington Post.
- "Patti In the News".
- "Was He Lying?". Expert Magazine.
- Fennessy, Steve (2005-08-10). "You can't hide from Patti Wood". Creative Loafing.
- Dziemianowicz, Joe (2005-06-18). "All in the Body Check". New York Daily News.
- "Jennifer Lopez article". Niagara Falls Review.[dead link][full citation needed]
- Sternbergh, Adam (2003-12-14). "Body Language Reveals All". The New York Times.
- "Calista & Harrison: 8 1/2 Months Strong!". Us Weekly. 2002-09-23.
- Grossman, Wendy (2010-04-05). "Body Language Expert Rates Tiger Woods's Moves". People.
- Wood, Patti (2009-10-07). "What's Behind Letterman's Words?". Huffington Post.
- Jones, Charisse (2011-10-25). "Face off: Hotel staff taught to read guests' body language". USA Today.
- "Instructor Information: Patti Wood". Emory Continuing Education. Emory University. Archived from the original on 2012-06-10.