Paul C. Adams
Paul C. Adams is an Associate Professor and Director of Urban Studies at the Department of Geography and the Environment at University of Texas at Austin. Adams applies various geographical lenses to communication, addressing communication infrastructure, communication as a social process, and communication as an element of individual experience.
In 1984, Adams received his Bachelor of Environmental Design (with Special Honors) from the University of Colorado at Boulder in Boulder, Colorado. He received his M.S. in Geography in 1990 and his Ph.D. in Geography in 1993, both from the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin. Adams specializes in geography of communication technologies, nationalism, critical geopolitics, and representations of space and place. Before arriving at the University of Texas at Austin, Adams had held academic positions at Virginia Tech, the State University of New York at Albany, and Texas A&M University.
- Adams, Paul C., Jim Craine and Jason Dittmer, eds. 2014. Research Companion to Media Geography, Aldershot, UK: Ashgate Press. ISBN 978-1-4094-4401-5
- Gynnild, Astrid and Paul C. Adams, 2013. “Animation, Documentary or Interactive Gaming? Exploring Communicative Aspects of Environmental Messaging Online,” International Symposium on Online Journalism 3(1): 39-60.
- Adams, Paul C., 2013. “Communication in Virtual Worlds,” in Oxford Handbook of Virtuality, edited by Mark Grimshaw.
- Adams, Paul C. and Astrid Gynnild, 2013. “Communicating Environmental Messages in Online Media: The Role of Place” Environmental Communication 7(1): 113-130. DOI:10.1080/17524032.2012.754777
- Adams, Paul C., 2012. “Trajectories of the Nobel Peace Prize” Geopolitics 17(3): 553-577. DOI:10.1080/14650045.2011.604810
- Adams, Paul C., 2012. “Multilayered Regionalization in Northern Europe” GeoJournal 77: 293-313. 10.1007/s10708-011-9408-8
- Adams, Paul C. and André Jansson, 2012. “Communication Geography: A Bridge between Disciplines” Communication Theory 22: 298-317. DOI: 10.1111/j.1468-2885.2012.01406.x
- Adams, Paul C., 2011, A taxonomy for communication geography "Progress in Human Geography" 35(1):37-57. DOI: 10.1177/0309132510368451
- Skop, Emily, Paul C. Adams, 2009, Creating and inhabiting virtual places: Indian immigrants in cyberspace "National Identities" 11(2):127-147. DOI: 10.1080/14608940902891161
- Adams, Paul C., 2009, Geographies of Media and Communication: A Critical Introduction , London: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Adams, Paul C., 2007, Atlantic Reverberations: French Representations of an American Election , Aldershot, UK: Ashgate Press.
- Adams, Paul C., 2005, The Boundless Self: Communication in Physical and Virtual Spaces , Syracuse, New York: Syracuse University Press.
- Adams, Paul C., 2004, The September 11 Attacks as Viewed from Quebec: The Small-Nation Myth in Geopolitical Discourse. Political Geography 23 (6): 765-795.
- Adams, Paul C., Rina Ghose, 2003, India. com: the construction of a space between "Progress in Human Geography" 27(4):414-437.
- Adams, Paul C., Steven Hoelscher, and Karen Till, eds., 2001, Textures of Place: Exploring Humanist Geographies. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
- Adams, Paul C., Steven Hoelscher, and Karen Till, 2001, "Place in context: Rethinking humanist geographies." Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
- Adams, Paul C., 2000, Application of a CAD-based accessibility model "Information, Place, and Cyberspace" Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Adams, Paul C., 1999, Bringing globalization home: A homeworker in the information age "Urban Geography" 20(4):356-376.
- Adams, Paul C., 1998, Teaching and learning with SimCity 2000 "Journal of Geography" 97(2):47-55.
- Adams, Paul C., 1998, Network Topologies and Virtual Place Annals of the Association of American Geographers 88(1):88-106.
- Adams, Paul C., 1997, Cyberspace and Virtual Places "Geographical Review" 87(2):155-171.
- Adams, Paul C., Barney Warf, 1997, Introduction: cyberspace and geographical space "Geographical Review" 87(2):139-145.
- Adams, Paul C., 1996, Protest and the Scale Politics of Telecommunications Political Geography 15(5):419-441.
- Adams, Paul C., 1995, A Reconsideration of Personal Boundaries in Space-Time Annals of the Association of American Geographers 85(2):267-285.
- Adams, Paul C., 1992, Television as Gathering Place Annals of the Association of American Geographers 82(1):117-135.
- "Paul C. Adams webpage". University of Texas at Austin website. Retrieved 21 June 2011.
- University of Texas Profile Page 
- Communication Geography Specialty Group of the AAG 
- Aether (the Journal of Media Geography)
|This article about an American scientist in academia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a geographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|