Paul Constant Billot
He studied at the University of Strasbourg, subsequently leaving school due to illness. From 1830 he worked as a civil servant (conductor of ponts et chaussées), earning his bachelor's degree a few years later. From 1834 to 1861 he taught classes in physics and natural history in Haguenau.
With botanist Friedrich Wilhelm Schultz (1804–1876), he was co-author of Archives de la flore de France et d'Allemagne. Billot's Annotations a la flore de France et d'allemagne (1855) was issued with Flora galliae et germaniae exsiccata, a series which after his death in 1863 was continued by other scientists under the title of "Billotia".
- Billot - Jardin Botanique (biographical information)
- WorldCat Titles (publications)
- Open Library Annotations a la flore de France et d'allemagne
- Google Books (publications)
- Muséum d'histoire naturelle de Nantes Herbarium Billot
- GBIF France Consultation de la collection: herbier Billot, collection Dufour E.
- "Author Query for 'Billot'". International Plant Names Index.