Paul E. Ceruzzi
Paul E. Ceruzzi
|Alma mater||Yale University, University of Kansas|
|Fields||Aerospace electronics, computing, microelectronics, missile guidance & control|
|Institutions||Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum|
Ceruzzi received a BA from Yale University in 1970, and a PhD from the University of Kansas in 1981, both in American studies. Before joining the National Air and Space Museum, he was a Fulbright scholar in Hamburg, Germany, and taught History of Technology at Clemson University in Clemson, South Carolina. Ceruzzi is the author and co-author of several books on the history of computing and aerospace technology. He has curated or assisted in the mounting of several exhibitions at NASM, including: Beyond the Limits - Flight Enters the Computer Age, The Global Positioning System - A New Constellation, Space Race, How Things Fly and the James McDonnell Space Hangar of the Museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, at Dulles Airport.
- Reckoners: The Prehistory of The Digital Computer (1983)
- Beyond the Limits: Flight Enters the Computer Age (1989)
- Landmarks in Digital Computing: A Smithsonian Pictorial History (with Peggy A. Kidwell, 1994)
- A History of Modern Computing (1998)
- Ceruzzi, Paul E (May 2003). A History of Modern Computing (2nd ed.). MIT Press. pp. 445. ISBN 978-0-262-53203-7. 
- Internet Alley: High Technology in Tysons Corner, 1945-2005 (2008).
- Computing: A Concise History (2012)
- GPS (2018)
- "AERONAUTICS AND SPACE HISTORY RESEARCH STAFF". Smithsonian Institution National Air and Space Museum. 18 June 2004. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- "Paul E. Ceruzzi - The MIT Press". Archived from the original on 2008-12-21. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- "Paul Ceruzzi: Links". Archived from the original on 2009-05-29. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- "2004 MAPLD International Conference: Paul Ceruzzi Biography". Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- Reviews of Landmarks in Digital Computing:
- Hammerton, James Cecil, "Review", ACM Computing Reviews
- Feldman, Larry (March 1995), The Mathematics Teacher, 88 (3): 243, JSTOR 27969287CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Small, James S. (July 1995), Technology and Culture, 36 (3): 717–719, doi:10.2307/3107276, JSTOR 3107276CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Swarzlander, Earl (Fall 1995), IEEE Annals of the History of Computing, 17 (3): 82, doi:10.1109/mahc.1995.397068, S2CID 21629366CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Mahoney, Michael S. (December 1995), Isis, 86 (4): 691–692, doi:10.1086/357396, JSTOR 235455CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Babaian, Sharon (Winter 1996), The Public Historian, 18 (1): 132–134, doi:10.2307/3377903, JSTOR 3377903CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- "Amazon.co.uk Paul E. Ceruzzi Books". Retrieved 2009-04-12.