Paul Miles (politician)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Member of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly
6 September 2008
|Preceded by||Dianne Guise|
|Born||Paul Terrance Miles
16 February 1963
|Profession||Member of Parliament, Former Technician|
Paul Terrance Miles (born 13 February 1963) is an Australian politician. He has been a Liberals member of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly since the 2008 state election, representing Wanneroo. He won the seat after defeating sitting Labor MLA Dianne Guise. Miles was appointed Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Commerce in the 2013 Barnett Ministry.
Miles was born in the United Kingdom to parents, Beryl and Alan Miles, he then migrated to Australia and Perth in 1970. He is one of 5 children and grew up in the suburbs of Balcatta and Girrawheen. Miles attended Osborne Park Primary School and Later Montrose Primary School in Girrawheen.
Mr Miles is involved in many community groups, some are listed below.
- -Member of the Wanneroo Agricultural Society and strong supporter of the annual Wanneroo Agricultural Show
- -Chairman of the Mitchell Freeway Extension Community Reference Group
- -Chairman of the Northern Suburbs Transport Planning Study
- -Patron of the Lake Joondalup Lifestyle Village Social Club
- -Vice-Commodore of Sun City Yacht Club
- -Member of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association
- -Member of the Wanneroo Business Association
- -Member, Wanneroo Lions Club Past President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Committee Member. Active member Since 1983.
Former community involvement:
- -1996 to 2001: Wanneroo Local Drug Action Club. Committee Member.
- -2009 to 2011: WA Assistance Dogs Inc. Miles served as Patron of this group until it disbanded in late 2011.
- -2011 to 2012: Vice-Patron, Australia-British Society (WA).
Prior to his election the Legislative Assembly, Miles was a very active local government Councillor for the North Ward of the City of Wanneroo. Miles contested the Western Australian state election, 2005 unsuccessfully and then successfully in Western Australian state election, 2008 and Western Australian state election, 2013.
|Family First||Moyna Rapp||446||2.1||–1.0|
|Total formal votes||21,426||93.4||-1.4|
- "Mr Paul Terrance Miles MLA". Parliament of Western Australia. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Template:Cite web url=http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/Parliament/Memblist.nsf/WAllMembersFlat/Miles,+Paul+Terrance?opendocument
|Western Australian Legislative Assembly|
|Member for Wanneroo
|This article about a Liberal Party of Australia politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|